Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
136 user(s) are online (104 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 3
Guests: 133

emeck, kas1e, orgin, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

How to use multimedia keyboard with Synergy?
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
Someone was chucking an old multimedia keyboard away today, so I took it home and played with it until it worked.. and it goes great! But the multimedia keys dont work. Thats the whole reason I wanted it.. I'm sharing the keyboard from the PC using Synergy. The Synergy server runs ont he PC, and the synergy client runs on the Sam. Now I'm typing this post fine on OS4.1, but I cant seem to see any multimedia key presses in Allkeys.... and I think I know why, but I need this confirmed..... Synergy is a commodity. Problems?

(Synergy is sofware that shares 1 keyboard and mouse between many computers over the network)
Edit: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Synergy_(software)

Edited by jahc on 2009/6/24 6:24:57
Go to top
Re: How to use multimedia keyboard with Synergy?
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@jahc

I just verified that it works with allkeys when connected directly to the sam... holy crap that was cool. I had my play/stop/next/previous/volume controls hooked up to SimplePlay! I think I might have to give the PC it's own keyboard and mouse soon.. I'm using the PC alot less now that OWB is getting cooler.

I suppose that because Synergy is a commodity, it cant be easily converted into accepting multimedia key presses? What would be involved? modifying os4's commoditys engine? modifying Synergy? both?

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@jahc

would like to know that too.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@jahc

According to Synergy's FAQ, it doesn't transmit all types of keycodes between computers.

It seems most likely that it only transmits standard keys, not the nonstandard multimedia ones.

Have you tried using it with that keyboard with a client other than the Amiga to see if it works that way?

If the server's not sending the multimedia keystrokes, then it won't matter how the client's running.

Go to top

Register To Post