Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
116 user(s) are online (69 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 116

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

Opinions on HollyWood 4?
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
I've never really tinkered with HollyWood 4 or similar programs, on the Amiga, PC or otherwise, but for some reason am interested in purchasing and tinkering with it.Comparing to similar programs on the PC, how powerful and PRACTICALLY USEFUL is HollyWood 4?

Go to top
Re: Opinions on HollyWood 4?
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information

People are dying.
Entire ecosystems are collapsing.
We are in the beginning of a mass extinction.
And all you can talk about is money and fairytales of eternal economic growth.
How dare you!
– Greta Thunberg
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Astral

When used by itself, Hollywood is a nice scripting engine with extensive 2d graphics capabilities. When used with Hollywood Designer, it puts PowerPoint to utter bloody shame.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@RazielQuote:
Raziel wrote:@AstralThere IS a search field there, you know?
Yes, I am aware of the search function.I have downloaded and viewed a number of demos programs produced using HollyWood, as well as viewing the demo screenshots on the HollyWood producers website. Thankyou for the links you supplied.I have a general idea of what can be produced using HollyWood, BUT, that doesn't really answer my question as to how it compares to other similar programs, does it?

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@Astral

I find Hollywood Designer a little bit harder to use than Scala. Ever used that before?

Kind Regards,
Rude!

Nissan GTR '08
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@RudeiNah, not really. Only tinkered for about 10 minutes, if that.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Astral

I loved Scala myself back in 95-98. I prefer Hollywood Designer compared to Scala Infochanel. Hollywood Designer is VERY powerful and easy to use. Once you start learning some keyboard-shortcuts and the way to work you are able to make nice presentations or similar in matter of minuttes.

It is also great to be able make executables to both amigaOS, windows and macOS.

Using Hollywood Designer it is also possible to make programs, menus, guis and alot more.

Take a look at our homepage www.ferrule-media.no to see some screentshots of commercial software we make using Hollywood Designer.

Don't hesitate to ask if you have got any questions :)

Best regards

Torgeir Vee
Ferrule Media
Norway

www.ferrule-media.no

Go to top

Register To Post