Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
97 user(s) are online (67 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 97

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

AmigaOS 4.0 Zip
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
HI
Can anybody tell me what I`m doing wrong I went into OS4.0 then into Storage then into DOSDrivrers than click on zip which I got a ZIP:Uninitialized could not delete so started to format not sure so canceled and got DH3:Uninitialized, rebooted but still there so I clicked again on zip and got ZIP:Uninitialized so now I have two Floopy Icons on my Workbench so how do I delete these icons without doing some thing wrong.
Cheers

Go to top
Re: AmigaOS 4.0 Zip
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Ant

Open the ZIP file in notepad, and check DEVICE= and UNIT=
and next check the TOOLTYPES for the Icon,
badly configured mount lists can damage content on DEVICE=? And UNIT=?.

If you just won't to unmount volumes, you can do that whit the assign command in Shell.

Assign DISMOUNT ZIP

also check out mounter utility.

(NutsAboutAmiga)

Basilisk II for AmigaOS4
AmigaInputAnywhere
Excalibur
and other tools and apps.
Go to top
Re: AmigaOS 4.0 Zip
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Ant

I would like to know the same thing. Since upgrading to OS4.1, I have not been able to read either FAT or FFS formatted ZIP100 disks. Yes, I have checked the unit number. The unit number matches the unit of my Zip drive. At first, I thought it was CROSSDOS; however, I could not read my Amiga formatted ZIPs either. Since they read fine under OS4final, I compared the mountlists from OS4final and OS4.1 only to find no change. My ZIP100 disks mount fine under Ubuntu 9.04, proving the disks themselves are not bad.

Any help you could give Ant and I would be appreciated.

-The Phantom Interrogative

Go to top

Register To Post