Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
123 user(s) are online (61 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 123

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

OWB on Pegasos2 (slow down bug?)
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
Hi all. Just want to open this topic related to all Pegasos2 / aos4.1 users.

As we all know, latest OWB run's pretty fast over aos4.1. But some problems still occur with it on pegasos2. It's for sure can be problem of OS itself (porting mistakes), or problem of bad installation (some wrong settings for WB), but maybe OWB itself as well (but basically not, becouse as i know OWB runs fast on every aos4.1, exept peg2 version).

So, here is video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HhB3kJQKBzU

You can detect, that OWB bring window in one second. But content loading happenes for 15-18 seconds.

Why i think that is can be problem of OS ? Becouse when i do "iconify", and then bring owb from icon back, it's again got 15 seconds for loading context. You can also detect on video (for first it just run, for second iconify - slow context loading are the same).

Maybe some problems with cairo port ? or with some rendering stuff ? Dunno, but for sure author of OWB and aos4.1 devel must to know about it.

Go to top
Re: OWB on Pegasos2 (slow down bug?)
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@kas1e

it looks likte it's delayed by the toolbar?...
that doesn't happen here o my peg2.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@spotUP

Toolbar ? What you mean exactly ? (a bit not understand:) )

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@kas1e

I checked your video and that slow starting doesn't look normal.

Rock lobster bit me - so I'm here forever
X1000 + AmigaOS 4.1 FE
"Anyone can build a fast CPU. The trick is to build a fast system." - Seymour Cray
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@TSK

Yep. But what problem can be ? Some bad WB settings ? I setup nothinks for WB expectually if i remember right. I just install necessary libs, etc. Maybe need remove somethink from 'kickstart' modules.. dunno in which way i can try to move .. For me it's just looks that somethink 'works slow' for some rendering stuff. Like bad cairo lib , or somethink kind of this. Which libs are necessary for OWB and which versions of it you have (if you have some time for check) ?

ps. peg2 for you ?

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@kas1e

as suggested by you in anoter thread, change your filesystem blocksize to 512.
it looks like the AISS toolbar takes forever to load?

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@spotUP

Already have 512 blocks (512 blocks must be for 'system' partition, or for partition on which i have unpacked owb?). But you are right about AISS i think .. maybe need install new one or older one

Edited by kas1e on 2009/4/15 15:03:49
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@kas1e

Just tried it here, my OWB loads in around 3 seconds (Pegasos II as well). Did you install the updates from Hyperion's web sites?

Seriously, if you do want to contact me write me a mail. You're more likely to get a reply then.
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@kas1e

Quote:
Already have 512 blocks (512 blocks must be for 'system' partition, or for partition on which i have unpacked owb?). But you are right about AISS i think .. maybe need install new one or older one
Especially if your SYS: (or wherever you have AISS installed if you didn't use the default) partition is FFS you are using way too few buffers for it, try again after using "Addbuffers TBImages: 10000" in a shell.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@rogue
yep, installed updates from hyperion site right after install of aos.

@joerg
my SYSTEM: are FFS with 1024 blocks. Tryed as you said: add buffer TBImages: 10000, and nothink (the same). I also created tested parition with 512 blocks (JFS, SFS, does not matter) in all cases are the same.

Maybe system are must be 512 in any case ? Or for example, maybe need try to setup AISS not to system: but to the same test parition ?

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@kas1e

Quote:
@joerg
my SYSTEM: are FFS with 1024 blocks. Tryed as you said: add buffer TBImages: 10000, and nothink (the same).
It probably doesn't make a very big difference when starting OWB, FFS simply is that slow, but it should when iconifying and uniconifying OWB. Additonally make sure you have DMA enabled.
Another way to check if it's related to the AISS images is disabling AISS (use "assign TBImages:" in a shell) before starting OWB.
If it doesn't make any difference the delay is not related to the loading of the AISS images.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@joerg

Yep! "Assign TBImages:" did the trick! OWB starts for 1 second now (but without AISS of course..) What can be wrong with AISS then ?

Go to top

Register To Post