Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
136 user(s) are online (89 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 134

jarokuczi, TheMagicSN, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 (2)
Re: Any interest in a movie managemt program?
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Hans

Than you for replying. As swoop agreed with you on aw.net i will try to change the layout a bit. BTW do people use EAN or barcode? At work the program uses the name EAN for scanning but seems like someone never heard of it. When i checked the internet i found sites using them both like a coctail mix.

X5000
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Antique

Bar-code is a generic word. EAN (EAN13 usually) bar-code is an European standard that had worldly spread over time. Next standard is supposed to be 2D bar-code (data-matrix) like this one:
Resized Image

which means: "What is love?" (decoded by my phone).

And I agree that you should get ride of those ugly big buttons. Just give them a normal height and put them vertically at the right of the description box.

Bye,
TMTisFree

Edited by TMTisFree on 2009/1/3 14:35:15
"Never ascribe to malice that which is adequately explained by incompetence." (Napol?on Bonaparte)
"I would love to change the world, but they won?t give me the source code." (Unknown)
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Antique

I have a modest little dvd collection of around 950 titles but you're wasting your time trying to get people to scan and enter data for their collections when it's so much easier on other platforms. For example; I use a custom database on my mac called dvdpedia where I just scan (or type) the barcode and it fetches more info than any sane person really needs.

I can export that database if you want a copy, but it is over 160mb zipped and probably in a useless format

Amiga user since 1985
AOS4, A-EON, IBrowse & Alinea Betatester

Ps. I hate the new amigans website. <shudder>
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Severin

But when you look at it like that everything is more easy on other platforms? I do get your point,but everything has to start somewhere. And if i do someday get a big database people can just use their scanner and scan their collection too. I'm making this program around the hand held scanner i have and its working really good(atleast i think so). Fast and easy.

X5000
Go to top

Register To Post
« 1 (2)