Headlines
clib4.lha - development/library/misc
Sep 30, 2026
slovo.lha - office/wordprocessing
Sep 30, 2026
sfputc.lha - utility/script
Sep 30, 2026
lifeforce.lha - demo/scene
Sep 29, 2026
baccarat.lha - game/card
Sep 29, 2026
endlesssky.zip - game/strategy
Sep 29, 2026
mce.lha - game/utility
Sep 29, 2026
amiarcadia.lha - emulation/gamesystem
Sep 28, 2026
woof_sdl3.lha - game/fps
Sep 27, 2026
openblok.lha - game/puzzle
Sep 27, 2026
Topic options
View mode
Newest First
AmiUpdate - AmiSoundED MP3 codec error
Posted on:
2008/11/3 1:15
#1
Just popping in
Joined: 2007/4/23 3:02Last Login
: 2013/8/22 23:38
From Parts Unknown, USA
Group:
Registered Users
(moderators, feel free to move this post if you can find a more apropriate place) When I try to update AmiSoundEd's MP3 plugin, AmiUpdate says it can't extract it and offers to download it to RAM. Upon examing the file in RAM, it's not an LHA file, but an HTML page with the wrong extension.
Re: AmiUpdate - AmiSoundED MP3 codec error
Posted on:
2008/11/3 3:18
#2
Quite a regular
Joined: 2006/11/24 13:43Last Login
: 2020/7/1 16:20
From Long Riston, East Yorkshire.
Group:
Registered Users
@RacerX
Quote:
When I try to update AmiSoundEd's MP3 plugin, AmiUpdate says it can't extract it and offers to download it to RAM. Upon examing the file in RAM, it's not an LHA file, but an HTML page with the wrong extension. I dont have AmiSoundEd installed, but I have just downloaded/extracted AmiSoundEd-mp3 from OS4Depot and all seems fine. Maybe Amiupdate points to the wrong source?
Peter Swallow Eyetech A1XE-G3 800Mhz OS4.1 Towered A1200 OS3.9
Re: AmiUpdate - AmiSoundED MP3 codec error
Posted on:
2008/11/3 4:55
#3
Just popping in
Joined: 2007/4/23 3:02Last Login
: 2013/8/22 23:38
From Parts Unknown, USA
Group:
Registered Users
@Swoop That's what I was thinking.
Re: AmiUpdate - AmiSoundED MP3 codec error
Posted on:
2008/11/3 9:41
#4
Just can't stay away
Joined: 2006/11/30 11:30Last Login
: Today 21:00
From Finland
Group:
Registered Users
@RacerX It seems I forgot to update the link when I submitted the update to AmiUpdate. I've changed the link now but it will probably take some time still for the change to be approved.
Re: AmiUpdate - AmiSoundED MP3 codec error
Posted on:
2008/11/3 10:36
#5
Supreme Council
Joined: 2006/11/19 18:16Last Login
: 9/25 6:12
From London, England
Group:
Webmasters Registered Users
The change has been approved, so it should work now. Simon
Re: AmiUpdate - AmiSoundED MP3 codec error
Posted on:
2008/11/4 23:36
#6
Not too shy to talk
Joined: 2006/11/27 8:32Last Login
: 2023/6/6 19:05
From California - S.F. Bay area
Group:
Registered Users
@Rigo I have AISS v4.4 installed, but AmiUpdater keeps telling me there's a new version "determined by date".
Look, only one leg, count em, one! X1000/PA6T@1800MHz/2Gb/Radeon 4850
Re: AmiUpdate - AmiSoundED MP3 codec error
Posted on:
2008/11/4 23:49
#7
Just popping in
Joined: 2007/4/23 3:02Last Login
: 2013/8/22 23:38
From Parts Unknown, USA
Group:
Registered Users
@salass00
Quote:
salass00 wrote: @RacerX It seems I forgot to update the link when I submitted the update to AmiUpdate. I've changed the link now but it will probably take some time still for the change to be approved.It seems to be working now.
Thanks.
Re: AmiUpdate - AmiSoundED MP3 codec error
Posted on:
2008/11/4 23:53
#8
Supreme Council
Joined: 2006/11/19 18:16Last Login
: 9/25 6:12
From London, England
Group:
Webmasters Registered Users
@sundown Hmm, I shall have to check this further, but at a quick glance the version and date are correct. Simon
Re: AmiUpdate - AmiSoundED MP3 codec error
Posted on:
2008/11/5 0:42
#9
Not too shy to talk
Joined: 2006/11/27 8:32Last Login
: 2023/6/6 19:05
From California - S.F. Bay area
Group:
Registered Users
@Rigo Looking at the update description: remote file 28-Sep-08 local file 27-Sep-08 One day off, I un-archived AISS & its dated 09-27-08. Edit: I used SetDate in a shell to change the AISS creation date to 09-28-08, so AmiUpdate no longer lists a new AISS version now.
Edited by sundown on 2008/11/5 7:09:59
Look, only one leg, count em, one! X1000/PA6T@1800MHz/2Gb/Radeon 4850
Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread:
1
(
0 members
and 1 Anonymous Users
)