Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
97 user(s) are online (38 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 97

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

A favorite for OS4, but
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
Hi all,

I've seen AmiKit of the XPs via WinUAE and wow! But, when you try the same thing on OS4 via Euae, gack! Ah, it's all about that JIT compiler? Any other speedup alternatives around?

One speedup that I compared AK to and that AIAB -- AmigaInABox. AIAB is OS3.1 and Scalos 41.3 and whole lot faster than AK. I don't have data at hand to support that, but just appears to me as so! AmiKit will speedup by killing off all of the WBstartups.

Anyone else got any thought on this?

Go to top
Re: A favorite for OS4, but
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
@Snuffy
untill we get jit i wouldent count on speed increases too much :)

just got to live with it for a while until its done:)

Amiga is the heart and soul of computing nothing else comes close
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Quote:
I've seen AmiKit of the XPs via WinUAE and wow! But, when you try the same thing on OS4 via Euae, gack! Ah, it's all about that JIT compiler? Any other speedup alternatives around?

Yes, it's about JIT. WinUAE with JIT disabled is also very slow.

Quote:
One speedup that I compared AK to and that AIAB -- AmigaInABox. AIAB is OS3.1 and Scalos 41.3 and whole lot faster than AK. I don't have data at hand to support that, but just appears to me as so! AmiKit will speedup by killing off all of the WBstartups.

Yes, there might be several reasons why AK is slower but the difference is hardly noticable on fast computers:

- AK uses OS3.9 while AIAB uses OS3.1 which might be a bit faster than OS3.9.

- Several years ago, when I tried the WinUAE for the first time on very slow 133Mhz PC, I noticed a considerable speed difference between Workbench and Directory Opus Magellan. Magellan was much slower.

- AK contains several UAE versions of programs. While some of them can work under EUAE, others are especially adjusted for WinUAE and that might cause the slowdowns under EUAE, maybe. I am talking about eg. "winuaeclip" located in WBStartup or math libraries located in LIBS: (together with "PatchMSB" command in startup-sequence, original OS3.9 math libs can be found in "LIBS:NoFPU" drawer.) "LIBS:Picasoo96/rtg.library" is also somehow modified for WinUAE (original library can be found in "LIBS:Picasso96/bak" drawer.) The same for Warp3D libraries...

- AK contains more patches (like TitleShadow, etc.) which could also cause some slowdowns compared to AIAB.

etc.

Edited by AmiKit on 2006/12/10 19:48:46
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
Hi AmiKit:

....- AK contains several UAE versions of programs. While some of them can work under EUAE...

- AK contains more patches...

Ahh, thanks for the' enlightenment'.

Go to top

Register To Post