Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
99 user(s) are online (45 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 99

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

Bookmarks - Hotlinks
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
I was just looking for my saved link (bookmark) to Onyxsoft, and on the dropdown menus, it is not shown.
If I select view it is there, in my Amiga Directory.

It would seem as if IBrowse menus won't diplay all the bookmarks it has stored. Is there a setting I have to change. I first I thought it had just lost them sonehow, but as I say when viewing bookmarks (which the windoe title says are Hotlinks) they are there.

I am using a registered version of IBrowse2.4, on an A1XE G3.

Thanks for any help.

Peter Swallow

Eyetech A1XE-G3 800Mhz OS4.1
Towered A1200 OS3.9
Go to top
Re: Bookmarks - Hotlinks
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Swoop

look in the hotlist manager (click the gadget to the left of add or select view from the menu) there you will see an option to "Show in bookmarks menu"...

The default behaviour has been changed to NOT show bookmarks in the menus, which imho is an excellent idea, I used to dread accidentally hitting the hotlist menu on my classic and having to wait for what seemed like ages for it to pop up.

Amiga user since 1985
AOS4, A-EON, IBrowse & Alinea Betatester

Ps. I hate the new amigans website. <shudder>
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Severin

IIRC is always been so. It depands on how you have selected in the Preferences> General> "Show new Hotlist Manager entries in menu" switch.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Framiga

Very possibly, it's probably something I set 10+ years ago and never looked at again in my "everyday" version.

Amiga user since 1985

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Severin & Framiga

I have both those options set.
The bookmarks menu shows about 48 entries, but the bookmark manager shows abot 70 entries including 5 directories (Groups).
I wonder why the extra entries are not displayed in the menu?

Peter Swallow

Towered A1200 OS3.9
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Swoop

look at the ibrowse-hotlist.html file and you will see some lines have IBHLFLAGS=NOMENU, strip those out and everything will appear in the menu.

Or use the hotlist manager and tick the show in bookmarks menu option for each line.

Amiga user since 1985

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Severin

Quote:
ook at the ibrowse-hotlist.html file and you will see some lines have IBHLFLAGS=NOMENU, strip those out and everything will appear in the menu.

Or use the hotlist manager and tick the show in bookmarks menu option for each line.

Looking at ibrowse-hotlist.html, and using Find 'IBHLFLAGS' returns not found, and looking at every line in the hotlist manager, they are all ticked 'show in bookmarks menu'

This is really puzzling.

Peter Swallow

Towered A1200 OS3.9
Go to top

Register To Post