Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
145 user(s) are online (115 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 145

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

Directory Opus Magellan available to purchase?
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
The news appeared at amiga.org stating that it is able to purchase downloadable version of Directory Opus Magellan directly from GPSoftware.

However I remember Greg (the managing directory of GPSoftware), when asked, always redirected such a requests to GuruMeditation who's the current and the sole owner of the Directory Opus Magellan. Greg also added that GPSoftware has nothing to do with Amiga version of DOpus anymore.

What's going on?

Go to top
Re: Directory Opus Magellan available to purchase?
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
Hi @AmiKit

Please contact Greg using one of the methods on the contact page on the GPSoft web site if you are interested in obtaining a full licensed copy of this great software, and supporting a developer who produced some great Amiga products.

Well, that the news article claim, but not necessarily reality!
I have have a registered Opus5-MegellanII, but never was able to purchase the CD.

Yes, I thought GPSoft turned this all over to GuruMeditations!

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Snuffy

Quote:
Well, that the news article claim, but not necessarily reality!

Well, motorollin got a keyfile from Greg.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
BUMP

Andreas Loong, are you here?

The email sent to you has bounced.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@AmiKit

Note: from a press release on Guru-Meditation's site in 2004

Gothenburg, Sweden, October 20th, 2004
Guru Meditation and GPSoftware are proud to announce that they have reached agreement on the acquisition of the exclusive, worldwide rights to Directory Opus Magellan for the Amiga platform from GPSoftware. This legendary file manager that started on the Amiga will finally be coming back in a new version!

If you go for their web address, you just get this message:

For the past year, the workload has increased while the man-hours unfortunately has not. On top of that, there is construction work in the storage area going on which means that for the moment, no orders can be processed. This will be the case until the end of 2007.

The Guru Meditation team

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@OldAmigan

Well, the "worldwide rights to Directory Opus Magellan" still applies, no matter whether the Guru's website is down or not.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@AmiKit

Absolutely, and I seem to remember various bits of info coming from G-M saying that work on Magellan (for OS4) was progressing nicely. That was before this period of the website being notavailable, etc.

Go to top

Register To Post