Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
101 user(s) are online (70 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 101

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

strange behaviour (solved!)
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
My A1 (XE) behaves strangely:
If I set and save the clock and reboot, the clock starts ticking from the time when it was saved, I reboot again: starts from the same time again (dejavu).
Other u-boot settings seem ok...
The battery is apparrently a new one,

Any ideas?
TIA
Jack.

Edited by Jack on 2007/10/2 16:27:14
Resized Image
"the expression, 'atonal music,' is most unfortunate--it is on a par with calling flying 'the art of not falling,' or swimming 'the art of not drowning.'. A. Schoenberg
Go to top
Re: strange behaviour
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Jack

Poltergeist?

Best Regards,

Harry

[SOLD] ?A1-C, 512MB, Antec Aria
Go to top
Re: strange behaviour
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@samwel

YAAB (yet another A1 battery)
2 Euros did the trick.
Will get another one...

Jack

Resized Image
"the expression, 'atonal music,' is most unfortunate--it is on a par with calling flying 'the art of not falling,' or swimming 'the art of not drowning.'. A. Schoenberg
Go to top
Re: strange behaviour (solved!)
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
Hi @Jack

Any ideas?

Well, I'm backup and running! Before I put in the new battery, I depolarized the battery contacts in the holder; remove battery and jumper '+' to '-' contact posts. Why? I once had no system clock at all and fiddled around to get it work. I think there's a ballast capacitor in the circuit that loses it's sense of "-" and "+" orientation to the battery.
No BS; really!

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Snuffy

Quote:

Well, I'm backup and running! Before I put in the new battery, I depolarized the battery contacts in the holder; remove battery and jumper '+' to '-' contact posts. Why? I once had no system clock at all and fiddled around to get it work. I think there's a ballast capacitor in the circuit that loses it's sense of "-" and "+" orientation to the battery.

Point taken. Will check the previous one and see if it's ok and then if problem reoccurs, I'll short the contacts in the holder.

Meanwhile new battery seems to do the job.

10x,
Jack

Resized Image
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
Aren't there any electric engineers in this community who could try to find a fix to this battery problem ?!?

Rock lobster bit me - so I'm here forever
X1000 + AmigaOS 4.1 FE
"Anyone can build a fast CPU. The trick is to build a fast system." - Seymour Cray
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@TSK

There's some thread that duscusses possible sullutions...

Resized Image
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Snuffy

Quote:

Ok, further research: appeared that only not-booting-after-unplugging AC cable was cured by replacing the battery.
The sticky clock looks to go away after shortening the battey holder as per your advice (just inserted the battey upside down).

Now hoping that all's well now...

Thanks a lot
Jack

Resized Image
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Jack

Thats why we are Amigans

Strange problems demand witty minds to come up with genuine
ideas to sqash hideous bugs to be able to boot into THE
superior OS there is...

whoops

/me turning praise mode off

People are dying.
Entire ecosystems are collapsing.
We are in the beginning of a mass extinction.
And all you can talk about is money and fairytales of eternal economic growth.
How dare you!
– Greta Thunberg
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
Hi @Jack

Go to top

Register To Post