Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
146 user(s) are online (110 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 145

Elwood, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 (2)
Re: YT stopped working with Odyssey
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@Maijestro

Have you also tried the Mplayer-nonaltivec ?
Not sure if this makes any sense.. (and if you can run non-altivec on a atlivec emulated machine), but you could see if this outputs the same error ?

AmigaOne X5000 -> 2GHz / 16GB RAM / Radeon RX 550 / ATI X1950 / M-Audio 5.1 -> AmigaOS 4.1 FE / Linux / MorphOS
Amiga 1200 -> Recapped / 68ec020 ACA 1221ec / CF HDD / RetroNET connected to the NET
Vampire V4SE TrioBoot
RPI4 AmiKit XE
Go to top
Re: YT stopped working with Odyssey
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@SkatemanQuote:
Skateman wrote:@Maijestro

Have you also tried the Mplayer-nonaltivec ?
Not sure if this makes any sense.. (and if you can run non-altivec on a atlivec emulated machine), but you could see if this outputs the same error ?

Qemu/Pegasos2 can handle non altivec and altivec supported programs and it works very well. The culprit, I suspect, is the version of MPlayer I'm currently using.

With the Mickjt-Mplayer version from Os4depot there are no problems with the new version of YT.rexx and Odyssey. I thank them anyway

MacStudio ARM M1 Max Qemu//Pegasos2 AmigaOs4.1 FE
Go to top
Re: YT stopped working with Odyssey - Fixed
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Maijestro

Quote:
There is always a small window with the error message "Fontconfig error" but the YouTube stream is playing.

If I remember right, that's a message from libfontconfig written to stderr. It should go away if it finds a valid fonts.conf.

In the screenshot you provided, it looks like the port of libfontconfig being used wanted to find it in .config:fontconfig/fonts.conf, so if you make an assign called ".config:" and put a fontconfig directory there and fonts.conf in there (try copying the one from SYS:Fonts/fontconfig), then the message hopefully goes away.

Maybe also delete this line (make a backup though)
<include ignore_missing="yes">fonts:fontconfig/conf.d</include>

Alternatively you can use *>NIL: to redirect stderr, and you should be able to set that in YT.cfg in ArgsMP, but that would end up suppressing other error messages that you might not want suppressed.

Edited by MickJT on 2023/12/19 3:37:11
Edited by MickJT on 2023/12/19 3:40:48
Edited by MickJT on 2023/12/19 3:43:01
Edited by MickJT on 2023/12/19 3:50:30
Edited by MickJT on 2023/12/19 4:04:10
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@MickJT
Quote:
If I remember right, that's a message from libfontconfig written to stderr. It should go away if it finds a valid fonts.conf

While I have your attention. I noticed that if I use the -nofontconfig option with your version of MPlayer I get the following and the video doesn't play:

Appdir:Mplayer -nofontconfig video.mp4
MPlayer was compiled without fontconfig support.
MickJT-MPlayer-1.0.1 1.3.0 (C) 2000-2016 MPlayer Team

The beta version that Maijestro is using does not output this messagea and just plays the video when using the -nofontconfig option. This leads me to beleive you didn't compile with he fontconfig support.

Note the only the beta version outputs the "Fontconfig error" message with YT not MickJT's version.

Any thoughts?

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@ktadd

It's been a while since I compiled that, so I don't remember clearly, but I probably compiled it without fontconfig support, but with libass support, and libfontconfig would be a dependency of libass so the binary is still technically linked against libfontconfig. Perhaps in certain cases libfontconfig might be used, such as when using .ass subtitles?

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@MickJT

I followed your advice but it didn't lead to any improvement.

Their MPlayer build (mickjt) is also very different from the beta RC1 build I'm currently testing, and I also think they may have compiled without "-nofontconfig" as @ktadd suspected.

This isn't a big deal as I can currently use mickjt-Mplayer for Yt.rexx/Odyssey and it works really well apart from the SDL output.

This “fontconfig” issue should be fixed for the new version of MPlayer. I reported it to smarkusg, who is currently part of the MPlayer development team, about four weeks ago.

Edited by Maijestro on 2023/12/19 17:36:38
Go to top
Site Builder
Site Builder

See User information
Hello everyone. Today I did a few fixes on the aiostreams server and fixed the youtube videos to play better than before. You see, YouTube was blocking my server IP, so I found a better way to get the information and the urls I needed.

You do not need to download anything. You just can keep on using the aiostreams, as you used to.

If there is a problem on your system and it fails to work, please let me know.

Follow me on
Ko-fi, Twitter, YouTube, Twitch
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@Walkero

Perfect, as expected

Thanks again for all your work!

Resized Image

Edited by Skateman on 2023/12/19 19:11:55
Edited by Skateman on 2023/12/19 19:13:50
AmigaOne X5000 -> 2GHz / 16GB RAM / Radeon RX 550 / ATI X1950 / M-Audio 5.1 -> AmigaOS 4.1 FE / Linux / MorphOS
Amiga 1200 -> Recapped / 68ec020 ACA 1221ec / CF HDD / RetroNET connected to the NET
Vampire V4SE TrioBoot
RPI4 AmiKit XE
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Maijestro

-nofontconfig is a runtime option, which can be used if mplayer is compiled with fontconfig support.

Using >NIL: *>NIL: should suppress all output, but on the port you're using, you should be able to use -nofontconfig as a command line option in ArgsMP

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@MickJT
Quote:
-nofontconfig is a runtime option, which can be used if mplayer is compiled with fontconfig support.

Yes, your right. I've been helping to test RC1 and it crashes with -ass option. I received an RC2 and it the -ass and -nofontconfig options. It crashes when seeking playing titles with the -ass option. I've reported it. It's getting better.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@ktadd

An e-mail I got in September from one of the people working on MPlayer reported that it was crashing with an up to date libass but not an old one, but it's ok with ffmpeg. I don't have any more info about it.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@MickJT

Quote:
MickJT wrote:@Maijestro
Using >NIL: *>NIL: should suppress all output, but on the port you're using, you should be able to use -nofontconfig as a command line option in ArgsMP

Ok, my mistake, I didn't know that you could pass "-nofontconfig" as a user-defined input to MPlayer.

Today I received RC2 and there are no longer any problems with YT.rexx/Odyseey. Thanks for the quick bug fixes release.

I still thank you for trying to help Mickjt

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@walkero

Quote:
walkero wrote:Hello everyone. Today I did a few fixes on the aiostreams server
You do not need to download anything. You just can keep on using the aiostreams, as you used to.

If there is a problem on your system and it fails to work, please let me know.

That's great, thanks for the support. Unfortunately Aiostreams no longer works with TwitchTv but in order not to deviate from the actual theme I'll post it in the Aiostream thread.

Go to top

Register To Post
« 1 (2)