Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
115 user(s) are online (71 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 115

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 ... 65 66 67 (68) 69 70 71 72 »
Re: What the fastest possible x64 emulation way of OS4 today ?
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@spotUP

Quote:
spotUP wrote:amiupdate always says that it fails to connect the first time i launch it, is this normal?

This is normal, I think there were/are problems with the codebench server. If your internet connection breaks under AmigaOs4.1 after update 1-2, please use the RTL8139 driver from Peg2Install.iso and replace it in SYS:/devs/Networks/ and first install only update 1 and 2 the rest of the updates from AmiUpdate only after Update 2. This leads to a reasonable update without any problems.

MacStudio ARM M1 Max Qemu//Pegasos2 AmigaOs4.1 FE
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
hmm strange.. i updated to the latest updates via amiupdate, and installed the silicon motion driver and then made a new kickstart.zip but now it stopped booting here:

Loading uhci.usbhcd
Loading ohci.usbhcd
Loading ehci.usbhcd
Loading mounter.library
Starting exec

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
maybe the kicklayout needs to be fixed..

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
yepp that was it the silicon motion chip had been removed.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@spotUPQuote:
spotUP wrote:yepp that was it the silicon motion chip had been removed.

That would be exactly it, I think it was no longer entered in the kicklayout. Also remember to replace the RTL8139 driver with the Peg2Install.iso driver for a more stable internet connection.

Maybe you could also briefly describe how it works on your system?

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@spotUP
Most of your questions you've mentioned above are answered in Known problems and FAQ sections of these pages:
Pegasos2 guide and Main page that are linked from the BBoot guide page. These are a bit scattered becuase I had the main page first, then the install without BBoot page and then I've just written the BBoot page and did not want to repeat all these so just linked to them but maybe I should eventually move them to one page for easier overview. But some people just like to explore things without reading documemtation

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@spotUP
Quote:
amiupdate always says that it fails to connect the first time i launch it, is this normal?

I don't know, never used AmiUpdate but you can download OS updates from Hyperion's site and install those separately. Do remember that these overwrite Kickstart so you'd need to re-edit Kicklayout to add back SM502 driver and if you use BBoot also update the Kickstart.zip with the updated SYS:Kickstart dir contents.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@spotUP
Quote:
Ah.. for some reason the fullscreen gadget is greyed out in macos.. but the view/enter fullscreen menu item worked. cool.

That's because QEMU is a cross platform app not really written for macOS so it may do some things differently. It has some supporr for macOS but does not support full screen the way macOS expects. If you're interested in fixing it look at
qemu/ui/cocoa.m

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
Crap.. i copied the new silicon motion chip file to boot:kickstart/ system:kickstart/ and kickstart.zip and now it doesn’t boot anymore..
I guess i need to restart from scratch.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@spotUP
Quote:
Crap.. i copied the new silicon motion chip file to boot:kickstart/ system:kickstart/ and kickstart.zip and now it doesn’t boot anymore..

It's in the doc that this updated driver needs 4.1FE Update 2 and does not work with older version before update. But you can just put back the old version in Kickstart.zip and boot with that. Next time save the old Kickstart.zip if you change it just in case. If all else fails you could boot from the CD and try to fix the boot partition from that so no need to start from scratch. (Unless you want to do it more cleanly again after the first try.)

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@spotUPQuote:
spotUP wrote:Crap.. i copied the new silicon motion chip file to boot:kickstart/ system:kickstart/ and kickstart.zip and now it doesn’t boot anymore..

Don't put yourself under pressure and read everything calmly. Installation via BBoot is currently still the easiest, even if it seems a bit complicated. Later you can let everything run automatically, I can also send you a script showing what my configuration looks like, you then just have to adjust the paths and then you can start the machine with a double click.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@balaton

yea, strange, i did install update 2 before, but i guess something went wrong. I'll redo it and be more careful.
I guess i don't understand why we have boot:kickstart/ system:kickstart and kickstart.zip. Which one is used, or are more than one used?

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Maijestro

the network is fine in owb, i guess it's some weirdness or some amiupdate server that isn't responding.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
ok i fiddled around a bit, and now i have the latest siliconmotion chip loaded when i boot.

https://imgur.com/a/HwusX8V

but i still see no greater resolutions?
is there something else i need to do to add them?

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
ok i see tooltypes for screenmodes in the silicon motion 502 icon... let's try to add some then.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@spotUPQuote:
spotUP wrote:ok i see tooltypes for screenmodes in the silicon motion 502 icon... let's try to add some then.

You are a little too fast or we are too slow

But you should provide precise information about what problems there are and at what point you are stuck so that I/we can help. Otherwise there is no way to help you.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
i enabled ddcmode=all in the monitor tooltypes, and correct resolutions showed up now, i'm all good now i think. =)

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@spotUPQuote:
spotUP wrote:i enabled ddcmode=all in the monitor tooltypes, and correct resolutions showed up now, i'm all good now i think. =)

Crazy guy

If you want to know anything else just ask, but from what I've read you'll get along just fine.

Another tip from me if you want to quickly copy data from the host to the guest system, or the other way around, a network share is the best solution at the moment. You can find tools like SMB2 or RNOXfer on Os4Depot, but I was probably too slow: -D

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@spotUP
Quote:
I guess i don't understand why we have boot:kickstart/ system:kickstart and kickstart.zip. Which one is used, or are more than one used?

This is described in BBoot README. When you use board firmware (in your case pegasos2.rom) and boot normally then amigaboot.of loads modules from disk so the boot:Kickstart is used. BBoot does not read disk so it will use the modules from Kickstart.zip. To make sure it uses the right modules Kickstart.zip should always contain the same modules as you boot partition (SYS:Kickstart or boot:Kickstart). The updates may only change SYS:Kickstart then you may need to manually update the boot partition and Kickstart.zip (after re-adding the SM502 driver to SYS:Kickstart). The boot partition is needed for the firmware if SYS has a filesystem it can't read and Kickstart.zip is needed for BBoot. Keeping all these in sync with SYS:Kickstart being the primary place you keep updated then make sure boot: and Kickstart.zip are the same should work. If you never boot using pegasos2.rom you don't need boot partition, just SYS:Kickstart and copying that out to Kickstart.zip should be enough. The pegasos2.rom is not needed but if you want to experiment with it it also works. Now BBoot has replaced that.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@balaton

Allright, thanks for the info.
It's mostly set up here now.

It looks fine in window mode but the fullscreen modes doesn't match my macs screenmodes, so the amiga image gets scaled or too wide etc. Have you guys got that solved or is this how it is atm?

Go to top

Register To Post
« 1 ... 65 66 67 (68) 69 70 71 72 »