Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
152 user(s) are online (116 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 3
Guests: 149

orgin, walkero, flash, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

How much this 2d cartoon animation video is close to 8bit Pixel Art ?
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Hi,
I made this video, and i want to know, is this 2d Cartoon Animation video is pretty much close to Low-res 8bit Pixel Art ? is it looks perfect ?

2D Cartoon Anime in 8Bit Pixel Art

Your feedbacks will be appreciated...!

Go to top
Re: How much this 2d cartoon animation video is close to 8bit Pixel Art ?
Supreme Council
Supreme Council

See User information
@vintagewatches

I've never been a fan of anime, but in fairness, I'd say if this was in a much higher resolution, it would be commercial quality.

The artwork is sublime, and a credit to the originating artist.

It's a "yes" from me!

Simon

Comments made in any post are personal opinion, and are in no-way representative of any commercial entity unless specifically stated as such.
----
http://codebench.co.uk
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@vintagewatches

It’s using low quality dithering algorithm. For it to be art it has to be creative and it’s not, original anima is creative, but low-quality dithering algorithm adds nothing.

Floyd Steinberg algorithm, is also not creative, but it adds a bit noisy in the picture, it can make picture look less sterile. In some cases, I think looks more mystical or better than the original image.

good pixel art, is mastery of using minimum palette, and come up shade or transitions that’s hard to see for a human eye, C64 pixel artists are where good at this, but I also know there are tools to help convert high quality image, into C64 image, it can be hard to see the difference sometimes.

talent is someone who can draw shape, understands colors, and knows how to make it look its best, every time comes out unique. Untalented person is person who loads an image, and presses a button, every time looks the same.

Edited by LiveForIt on 2023/11/1 9:24:11
(NutsAboutAmiga)

Basilisk II for AmigaOS4
AmigaInputAnywhere
Excalibur
and other tools and apps.
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
I think it would be much better without the over the top dithering. If the 8bit refers to colors (256), then there is no need for that harsh dithering in this kind of solidly colored material. I think it would still work fine with even less colors when picked correctly without trying to fake shades with dithering for the sake of trying to add some kind of "authenticity".

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@jPV

Yea you said true as a pro pixel artist, The dither is more visible especially in dark areas, These areas are not jet black so that's why dither is visible there due to represent the dark shades colors like brown or grey. So whenever even a little shade of color comes in the form of gradient in 24bit true color video then my software will tries to represent that 24bit video colors gradient in 8bit with the help of dithering gradient due to limit of 256 colors, but it can be fixed by reducing colors to 32 or 16 but then it will loose the many other details in the video and can't represent objects correctly especially in dark scenes due to very very limited number of colors, in other words you order to computer ignore those shades and make it jet black and don't represent those shades with dithering. and also Jagged lines on edges are not looks jet black due to Anti-aliasing. Original video is running at the corner in a small window. Anyway you can also compare the original video from here Original Trailer.

Edited by vintagewatches on 2023/11/1 17:45:56
Edited by vintagewatches on 2023/11/2 5:50:17
Edited by vintagewatches on 2023/11/2 5:57:58
Edited by vintagewatches on 2023/11/2 8:21:59
Go to top

Register To Post