Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
110 user(s) are online (78 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 109

khayoz, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

Amiga programming in 2023
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Hi all! I recently posted an article on my blog about my experience getting back into Amiga development and my dev environment in 2023.

The article is here: https://www.markround.com/blog/2023/08 ... tems-programming-in-2023/ and it generated a lot of discussion on Hacker News and other sites. I thought I should really post it here as well as this forum has been a gold-mine of useful information and had provided me with a lot of help in my experiments!

Hope you enjoy it, and please feel free to send any comments or corrections my way - as I said in the article, this is my first time writing C in a very long time, and despite having owned Amigas since the 90s, this is my first time properly experimenting with all of this stuff!

Cheers,

-Mark

My Amiga blog: markround.com/amiga
My hardware: X5000 running OS4.1; A1200 Vampire V1200v2, KS 3.1.4
Go to top
Re: Amiga programming in 2023
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@mdr

Hello Mark,
Let me be the first to say "OUTSTANDING JOB" with your article! I saw the posting on HN and always appreciate seeing the Amiga get some visibility outside our little closed ecosystem. (Be it good or bad...)

GREAT format and flow and HIGHLY informative!! We need more people like you banging away on keyboards.

But first we need more damn affordable keyboards to bang away on. Hey AEON and Hyperion and ACUBE... Are you listening??? We need more computers!!!

Anyway I hope you keep us updated and don't stop what you're doing!

R/S
Scott P
amigasource.com

Please visit www.AmigaSource.com !!! Your BEST source for Amiga information. *** Currently Under Construction *** (Over 3000+ Amiga links for your viewing pleasure! -- Please help spread the word!)
Go to top
Site Builder
Site Builder

See User information
@mdr
I am watching your blog and your creations every time you upload something. Reading that blog post was an absolute pleasure of all the information you managed to include in it. I am sure it will be useful for anyone who would like to give it a try and start developing on AmigaOS 4 as well.

Also, it is astonishing for me to see people like you, finding my work useful. Thank you for crediting me in your post.

Follow me on
Ko-fi, Twitter, YouTube, Twitch
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@mdr

Great read & thanks for mentioning WhatIFF? Amiga Guide Magazine

mancave-ramblings

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@mdr

i didnt know about your blogs and as a user and also system tweeking geek, i found your blogs very appealing to me. it was refreshing to read.

nox

Sam460ex 2GB 120Gb SSD&1Tb HD7750 Envy24HT A-Eon Drv 2.10+Warp3D New Uboot
Apollo v4 Standalone
Go to top

Register To Post