Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
160 user(s) are online (112 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 160

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

YT.rexx results in stuttering video [Solved]
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
I've configured YT.rexx to play videos from Odyssey. Tried with MPlayer and Emotion. Emotion would be the preferred played because of the Radeon RX video decoding acceleration. The issue is that both players present me with stuttering audio and video. The same video plays fine with the embedded video player.

I've noticed that YT.rexx gets its video from a domain called googlevideo.com. When i disable autoplay and download the video file from the YT.rexx website with links instead, I've noticed that the download speed is a very slow at ~80kb/s. So this slow download speed seems to be the root cause of the stuttering video.
Is there any way or an alternative server available to speedup streaming video with YT.rexx?

My internet connection itself is not an issue.

Edited by geennaam on 2023/8/8 18:51:00
Go to top
Re: YT.rexx results in stuttering video
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@geennaam
Quote:
The issue is that both players present me with stuttering audio and video.

What does your YT command look like?

I use this:
rx YT/yt.rexx %l AutoPlay UsePipe SILENT

It works fine on my X1000 with MPlayer.

AmigaOne X1000, uA1
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@geennaam

There's a bug with Emotion that occurs with Radeon HD but I don't know if it is the case with Radeon RX : try to click outside of Emotion window (anywhere on the WB for example) when video is playing.

--
AmigaONE X1000 and Radeon RX 560
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@ktadd

I use a similar command but without the "UsePipe".

But sometimes I get an IO error. So it really seems a streaming issue. The same streams runs fine on odyssey itself. When I pause the movie for a couple of seconds before hitting the play button again then it plays fine until some buffer is empty again.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@K-L

I have no issue with playing movies on my harddisk with Emotion and RX acceleration. The issue occurs with MPlayer ( the RX YUV patched binary) as well.

Single file download speed with Odyssey is about 2MB/s. This is pretty much the limit what the X5000 can do. So it's not a bandwidth issue.
Maybe it's a latency issue because I use a wireless router in bridge mode to my main router. More streaming cache would help here but I can't find a setting for it.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Perhaps they've changed something and throttling is happening. I'll take a look soon.

Edit: Seems ok here at the moment. Are you using the latest version?

Edited by MickJT on 2023/8/5 17:24:50
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@MickJT

I use this base archive: http://www.os4depot.net/?function=sho ... o/play/mickjt-mplayer.lha
With the binary from here: http://www.os4depot.net/?function=sho ... play/mickjt-mplayerrx.lha

MPlayer itself works fine. I can play movies stored on my SSD with no issues.
It's just that streaming youtube items from a odyssey contxt menu results in a stuttering stream with YT.

I use this YT from here: http://os4depot.net/?function=showfile&file=video/misc/yt.lha

So all the latests stuff from os4depot.

In the meantime I have installed aiostreams. And aiostreams works fine here. Streams 720p just fine with emotion and just 8% CPU load. For some reason, those higher resolutions streams do not contain an audio track. But even id 137 (1080p) plays with just 15% CPU load

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@geennaam
Quote:
MPlayer itself works fine. I can play movies stored on my SSD with no issues.
It's just that streaming youtube items from a odyssey contxt menu results in a stuttering stream with YT.

Try this. On a YouTube video, us YT to creat the links webpage for the video.
Once the webpage is displayed, try just playing the link directly with MPlayer. Do you still get studdering.

I use the same MPlayer you are using. The follwing is the command I use in the action field for the link with

MPlayer:run > NIL: AppDir:MPlayer %l -lavdopts skiploopfilter=all -autosync 30 -cache 4096 -cache-min 20 -vo comp_yuv::PUBSCREEN=Odyssey -really-quiet

Take out the :PUBSCREEN=Odyssey if you run Odyssey on Workbench.

AmigaOne X1000, uA1
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@geennaam

Use an netowrk monitor to check what real speed you get wile streaming a YT video.

--
AmigaONE X1000 and Radeon RX 560
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
My problem is actually solved. I now use aiostreams from a odyssey context menu and the resulting stream in Emotion runs just fine.

Since Emotion used gpu video decoding, I have hardly any cpu load as well.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@geennaam

I sent you a private message if you want to investigate further.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Problem solved. There were 2 issues, but only 1 might be affecting other people. For anyone experiencing the same thing, change the stack size at the top of the script from 250000 to 500000, then before the next run, delete the YT directory in T: so it doesn't load bad cached information.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@geennaam

Quote:
geennaam wrote:My problem is actually solved. I now use aiostreams from a odyssey context menu and the resulting stream in Emotion runs just fine.

Since Emotion used gpu video decoding, I have hardly any cpu load as well.

Could you or someone else briefly explain how to set up and use aiostreams with odyssey and YouTube.

The basic requirements for aiostream are met. I currently only watch TwitchTV with aiostream and would also like to be able to stream YouTube with Emotion.

MacStudio ARM M1 Max Qemu//Pegasos2 AmigaOs4.1 FE
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@MickJT

The second issue was me doing a RTFM for once and installed the Javascript interpreter linked in yt.guide. This turns out to be a much older one then the one that is already supplied with YT.

So only install the new curl from os4depot in /Tools and do not replace js with the latest one from os4depot.

Everything work fine for me now. Stuttering is gone.

Go to top

Register To Post