Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
136 user(s) are online (107 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 135

zerec, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

BreakHack - video gameplay - my 1st try
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Fun Amiga OS day for me.

A little AmigaOne X5K playing George Sokianos BreakHack game, a Rogue-Like dungeon game.

TJ

Go to top
Re: BreakHack - video gameplay - my 1st try
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@AmigaSociety

Great that you are back. I think a few things have been ported since which you may enjoy. It is worth looking through the roundups that @AmigaOldskooler does everything: https://www.amigans.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=9231.

I think you like games, so downloading any emulators might be good for you in terms of up keeping the use of OS4, including "Mednafen" on OS4Depot (http://os4depot.net/?function=showfil ... n/gamesystem/mednafen.lha) which can handle a different platforms. It is command line based, but if you use eGame you can integrate it easily so that you just use the mouse if that is your preference.

People have also ported a number of SDL based games and I am guessing you are using an RX/HD video card.

The team working on the browser always get more motivated when you post a new video mentioning it! It still progresses. The people involved needed to take a break and enhance/fix things required just for building the webkit. Progress it happening so do not sell your X5 :)

Great video.

If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.
George Orwell.
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@rjd324

Yeh, have owned the X5K since 2016 so is a record for me, to keep an Amiga-based system that long. haha

I have been tempted before, as you know, to sell and move on but something keeps me here, hoping, wishing, for better things to come.

Just my nature being a more positive bloke and not resting on negative, it has been hard for me to keep excited about the platform, but I continue to try.

Thanks for the words about the browser. I continue to hope of good things to come.

TJ

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@AmigaSociety
Quote:
A little AmigaOne X5K playing George Sokianos BreakHack game, a Rogue-Like dungeon game.

Hey TJ...Just finished watching your video. Welcome back. I always find your videos entertaining. Enjoyed seeing you having fun with your X5000 again.

AmigaOne X1000, uA1
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@ktadd

Thanks, yeh felt good sparking mine up again. Always feel good using it for sure.

Take care.

TJ

Go to top
Site Builder
Site Builder

See User information
Thank you so much TJ for playing and for sharing my port. BreakHack is an excellent little game that plays quite well on most AmigaOne systems, as it doesn't require a lot of resources. It has some small bugs here and there but it is quite good game.

Have fun with it.

Follow me on
Ko-fi, Twitter, YouTube, Twitch
Go to top

Register To Post