Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me



Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
102 user(s) are online (91 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 102

more...

Headlines

 
  Register To Post  

« 1 ... 10 11 12 (13) 14 15 16 ... 66 »
Re: What the fastest possible x64 emulation way of OS4 today ?
Quite a regular
Quite a regular


See User information
@Maijestro

most likely you are having the error I had with pythonSSL.

Do this download AmiSSL
aminet for OS 4.1

install
https://aminet.net/util/libs/AmiSSL-4.12.lha
or
https://github.com/jens-maus/amissl/releases/4.7


restart and then install the latest version of AmiSSL again
5.8
now it should work.


you can see the thread here:

https://www.amigans.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?post_id=139158

Go to top
Re: What the fastest possible x64 emulation way of OS4 today ?
Quite a regular
Quite a regular


See User information
@whiteQuote:
white wrote:@Maijestro

most likely you are having the error I had with pythonSSL.

Do this download AmiSSL
aminet for OS 4.1

install
https://aminet.net/util/libs/AmiSSL-4.12.lha
or
https://github.com/jens-maus/amissl/releases/4.7


restart and then install the latest version of AmiSSL again
5.8
now it should work.


you can see the thread here:

https://www.amigans.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?post_id=139158


Thanks my friend that solved my problem, PhytonSSL is not compatible with Newer AmiSSL over 5.x versions especially on first time setup, TwitchTV works perfectly now

@jeorg @ktadd

APPDIR is fantastic, I didn't know that AmigaOs4.1 can remember the paths automatically too. It of course saves some time with the otherwise manual setting of paths where that program is located, great feature. Again something learned and thanks again for the fast help, you are great!

@walkero

Thanks for the script compilation of AioStream

Greetings

MacStudio ARM M1 Max Qemu/AmigaOs4.1FE/Pegasos2
Go to top
Re: What the fastest possible x64 emulation way of OS4 today ?
Quite a regular
Quite a regular


See User information
@white

Ok, I did some quick tests with their linked E-Uae version, running the game "Heirs of Earth" it has been a very computationally intensive game under Amiga 1200. It runs perfectly without any lags. I never played this game on my Amiga 1200, but I thought the intro was awesome with that voice-over. Thanks




MacStudio ARM M1 Max Qemu/AmigaOs4.1FE/Pegasos2
Go to top
Re: What the fastest possible x64 emulation way of OS4 today ?
Just popping in
Just popping in


See User information
@Maijestro
If you have the option, for games use uae-amigfx - it's much faster and more 'native'. It should work much better and runs on the QEMU G4.
uae-sdl only for graphics modes other than AGA/ECS/OCS (Picasso 96).


You asked recently how the boot speed is. The speed is similar to yours. I've been using OS4 for 2 months and have been making small improvements.

https://streamable.com/d40xrx

Greetings


Edited by smarkusg on 2023/5/27 5:30:18
Edited by smarkusg on 2023/5/27 5:31:08
Go to top
Re: What the fastest possible x64 emulation way of OS4 today ?
Quite a regular
Quite a regular


See User information
@smarkusgQuote:
smarkusg wrote:@Maijestro
If you have the option, for games use uae-amigfx - it's much faster and more 'native'. It should work much better and runs on the QEMU G4.
uae-sdl only for graphics modes other than AGA/ECS/OCS (Picasso 96).



I have compared and tested both versions uae-amigfx sdl and without sdl are about the same from the speed. As @white already writes the difference is that the version without SDL can not use uaegfx card. The sdl version can, but only runs on CPU G3. For my purposes, the version without SDL is enough. Thanks for the tip.


Quote:
You asked recently how the boot speed is. The speed is similar to yours. I've been using OS4 for 2 months and have been making small improvements.


Impressive that it runs so well even under the MacMini with M1, I would still be interested in a benchmark, could you run this benchmark by Hans? I would like to capture the differences to my Mac Studio.

https://www.amigans.net/modules/newbb/ ... php?topic_id=9226&start=0

Also to be able to execute Qemu over a start script I did not succeed, I see you could solve this very well, is there a possibility that I can throw your start script also for my machine, you could send it to me and I adapt then my paths to this script. It should be possible that you can edit it again after the creation?

Greetings

MacStudio ARM M1 Max Qemu/AmigaOs4.1FE/Pegasos2
Go to top
Re: What the fastest possible x64 emulation way of OS4 today ?
Quite a regular
Quite a regular


See User information
@Maijestro

Here you can see E-UAE SDL with CoffinOS
it's simply a test works well but clearly has its limitations
also due to the video memory that can be allocated.

It is better to use the non-SDL version to see demos etc.

But it doesn't work badly
I don't know if you have enabled the JIT in your configuration
if you need a config file as an example let me know.

I'm testing qemu in general, apart from the graphics card, I'd say that there are excellent premises.

ZBalaton could easily implement Voodoo3 but prefers to spend his time on an ATI card.
Since the Voodoo3 then has limitations in OS 4.1.

here the test with SDL "CoffinOS"

https://youtu.be/Ji2hSFvgaBw

Go to top
Re: What the fastest possible x64 emulation way of OS4 today ?
Quite a regular
Quite a regular


See User information
@whiteQuote:
white wrote:@Maijestro

Here you can see E-UAE SDL with CoffinOS
it's simply a test works well but clearly has its limitations
also due to the video memory that can be allocated.

It is better to use the non-SDL version to see demos etc.

But it doesn't work badly
I don't know if you have enabled the JIT in your configuration
if you need a config file as an example let me know.



I'm not sure if I have Jit enabled either. Here is my uaerc configuration:config_description=UAE default configuration
config_hardware=false
config_host=false
config_version=0.8.29
amiga.rom_path=
amiga.floppy_path=
amiga.hardfile_path=
amiga.savestate_path=
amiga.cpu_idle=0
ppc.use_tbc=yes
amiga.screen_type=public
amiga.publicscreen=
amiga.use_dither=true
amiga.use_grey=false
use_gui=yes
use_debugger=no
kickstart_rom_file=Workbench:Emulation/RunInUAE/E-UAE-amigfx/kick3.1.rom
kickstart_ext_rom_file=
kickstart_key_file=
flash_file=
cart_file=
kickshifter=false
floppy0=
floppy0type=0
floppy1=
floppy1type=0
floppy2=
floppy2type=-1
floppy3=
floppy3type=-1
nr_floppies=2
floppy_speed=800
parallel_on_demand=false
serial_on_demand=false
serial_hardware_ctsrts=true
serial_direct=false
scsi=false
scsi_device=
sound_output=exact
sound_channels=stereo
sound_stereo_separation=7
sound_stereo_mixing_delay=0
sound_frequency=11025
sound_interpol=none
sound_adjust=0
sound_volume=0
sound_latency=100
joyport0=mouse
joyport1=kbd1
bsdsocket_emu=false
synchronize_clock=no
maprom=0x0
gfx_framerate=1
gfx_width=720
gfx_height=568
gfx_width_windowed=720
gfx_height_windowed=568
gfx_width_fullscreen=800
gfx_height_fullscreen=600
gfx_refreshrate=0
gfx_vsync=false
gfx_lores=false
gfx_linemode=double
gfx_correct_aspect=false
gfx_fullscreen_amiga=false
gfx_fullscreen_picasso=false
gfx_center_horizontal=none
gfx_center_vertical=none
gfx_colour_mode=8bit
immediate_blits=false
ntsc=false
hide_cursor=true
show_leds=false
keyboard_leds=numlock:none,capslock:none,scrolllock:none
chipset=aga
collision_level=playfields
fastmem_size=8
a3000mem_size=0
z3mem_size=128
bogomem_size=0
gfxcard_size=0
chipmem_size=4
cpu_speed=max
cpu_type=68040
cpu_compatible=true
cpu_cycle_exact=false
blitter_cycle_exact=false
log_illegal_mem=false
catweasel_io=0x0
kbd_lang=us
state_replay=no
state_replay_rate=250
state_replay_buffer=20971520
hardfile2=rw,Workbench:Download:System.hdf,0,0,0,512,0,
hardfile=rw,0,0,0,512,Download:System.hdf
input.config=0
input.joymouse_speed_analog=20
input.joymouse_speed_digital=10
input.joymouse_deadzone=33
input.joystick_deadzone=33
input.mouse_speed=100
input.autofire=10
input.1.mouse.0.disabled=0
input.1.mouse.0.axis.0=MOUSE1_HORIZ.0
input.1.mouse.0.axis.1=MOUSE1_VERT.0
input.1.mouse.0.axis.2=MOUSE1_WHEEL.0
input.1.mouse.0.button.0=JOY1_FIRE_BUTTON.0
input.1.mouse.0.button.1=JOY1_2ND_BUTTON.0
input.1.mouse.0.button.2=JOY1_3RD_BUTTON.0
input.2.mouse.0.disabled=0
input.2.mouse.0.axis.0=MOUSE1_HORIZ.0
input.2.mouse.0.axis.1=MOUSE1_VERT.0
input.2.mouse.0.axis.2=MOUSE1_WHEEL.0
input.2.mouse.0.button.0=JOY1_FIRE_BUTTON.0
input.2.mouse.0.button.1=JOY1_2ND_BUTTON.0
input.2.mouse.0.button.2=JOY1_3RD_BUTTON.0
input.3.mouse.0.disabled=0
input.3.mouse.0.axis.0=MOUSE1_HORIZ.0
input.3.mouse.0.axis.1=MOUSE1_VERT.0
input.3.mouse.0.axis.2=MOUSE1_WHEEL.0
input.3.mouse.0.button.0=JOY1_FIRE_BUTTON.0
input.3.mouse.0.button.1=JOY1_2ND_BUTTON.0
input.3.mouse.0.button.2=JOY1_3RD_BUTTON.0
input.4.mouse.0.disabled=0
input.4.mouse.0.axis.0=MOUSE1_HORIZ.0
input.4.mouse.0.axis.1=MOUSE1_VERT.0
input.4.mouse.0.axis.2=MOUSE1_WHEEL.0
input.4.mouse.0.button.0=JOY1_FIRE_BUTTON.0
input.4.mouse.0.button.1=JOY1_2ND_BUTTON.0
input.4.mouse.0.button.2=JOY1_3RD_BUTTON.0
cachesize=8192
cpu_compatible=false
cpu_cycle_exact=false
blitter_cycle_exact=false
comp_constjump=yes
comp_trustbyte=indirect
comp_trustword=indirect
comp_trustlong=indirect
comp_optimize=true

And here is the uaerc_RunInUAE configuration:

# UAE config for RunInUAE, which is designed to modify an existing working UAE config

# Use 3.1 Kickstart for Workbench, but allow ADF-booted games to still use an older Kickstart
kickstart_rom_file=kick3.1.rom

# Emulate an A1200, but still allow A500 emulation for ADF-booted games
cpu_type=68020
cpu_speed=max
chipmem_size=4

chipset=aga
#collision_level=none

# Emulate an expanded A1200 with 8MB of Fast Ram!
fastmem_size=8

# Set frame skipping (1=show all frames, 2=show every 2nd frame, 3=show every 3rd frame, etc)
#gfx_framerate=2

# Add floppy disk which can be used for saving games
floppy0=PROGDIR:SaveGames.adf

# Filesystem settings for virtual devices
filesystem2=rw,DH0:Workbench:Sys:Emulation/RunInUAE/WB31,1

#RUNINUAE: SCREENMODE=ScreenMode_HiRes.prefs
filesystem2=ro,Games_:Games:Games:,-1

Quote:

I'm testing qemu in general, apart from the graphics card, I'd say that there are excellent premises.

ZBalaton could easily implement Voodoo3 but prefers to spend his time on an ATI card.
Since the Voodoo3 then has limitations in OS 4.1.


BALATON Zoltan thinks that the Voodoo 3 support will not work in the long run, I agree with him an ATI support would be the better way and also future proof for Qemu and AmigaOs4.1. The Voodoo 3 cards are very limited with their limited memory.

Qemu Peg2 is an excellent emulation, but it has little to no support and so things will remain as they are at the moment. We have to make do with what we already have, even if it is very limited. There won't be any new drivers either, there just aren't enough developers to do that.

BALATON Zoltan will have the ATI emulation closed maybe in 3-4 years, he only works on it then and when he feels like it.

MacStudio ARM M1 Max Qemu/AmigaOs4.1FE/Pegasos2
Go to top
Re: What the fastest possible x64 emulation way of OS4 today ?
Quite a regular
Quite a regular


See User information
@Maijestro

Yes, unfortunately it will take some time.
Too bad qemu has a fast cpu
but it has a SM502 graphics card comparable to the voodoo 3 but without "minigl" support but faster.

While WinUAE has slower cpu but not that slow.
When using UAEGFX...
Using UAEGFX all videos with YT are played in 1024x768
And also coffinOS can be selected at 1920x1080 in SDL I have any Workbench 3.xx

I tested the various applications

Eh it will take some time yes a pity if the two emulations were combined it would be a big step forward

Basically like any OS it is the graphics card that makes the difference.

As indeed it is for other systems

Go to top
Re: What the fastest possible x64 emulation way of OS4 today ?
Quite a regular
Quite a regular


See User information
@Maijestro

yes the JIT is enabled
for example with "Qemu" E-UAE non -SDL is faster
The Killing Ground 3d 2 is super smooth

Go to top
Re: What the fastest possible x64 emulation way of OS4 today ?
Quite a regular
Quite a regular


See User information
@whiteQuote:
white wrote:@Maijestro

Yes, unfortunately it will take some time.
Too bad qemu has a fast cpu
but it has a SM502 graphics card comparable to the voodoo 3 but without "minigl" support but faster.

While WinUAE has slower cpu but not that slow.
When using UAEGFX...
Using UAEGFX all videos with YT are played in 1024x768
And also coffinOS can be selected at 1920x1080 in SDL I have any Workbench 3.xx

I tested the various applications

Eh it will take some time yes a pity if the two emulations were combined it would be a big step forward

Basically like any OS it is the graphics card that makes the difference.

As indeed it is for other systems


We could make this happen with crowdfunding, I would participate with a sum that is in the triple digits, but again there would not be much support as most Qemu Peg2 users have already had to pay once to use the emulation by buying the AmigaOs4.1 Pegasos 2 version for it.

Software development is very time consuming and especially when it comes to writing graphics card drivers, not everyone is able to do it. So things stay as they are....there was no one who tested Qemu with modified AmigaOs4.1 Peg2 until I did.

We could have had this emulation about 2 years ago. BALATON Zoltan announced this information much earlier, but nobody wanted to try it. I am satisfied with how things are already going and what will happen in the future remains to be seen.


Edited by Maijestro on 2023/5/27 21:11:35
Edited by Maijestro on 2023/5/27 21:17:59
MacStudio ARM M1 Max Qemu/AmigaOs4.1FE/Pegasos2
Go to top
Re: What the fastest possible x64 emulation way of OS4 today ?
Quite a regular
Quite a regular


See User information
@Maijestro

Yes what you say is true
One user had managed to get Picasso IV working
but he didn't want to say how to do it and make it available
this a few years ago.

I guess with the Cirrus Driver probably like you did by editing the iso.

Go to top
Re: What the fastest possible x64 emulation way of OS4 today ?
Quite a regular
Quite a regular


See User information
@whiteQuote:
white wrote:@Maijestro

Yes what you say is true
One user had managed to get Picasso IV working
but he didn't want to say how to do it and make it available
this a few years ago.

I guess with the Cirrus Driver probably like you did by editing the iso.


BALATON Zoltan also told me about it, we don't know if it's really true and being able to use 68k drivers under a PPC system emulation makes no sense, it's like when we could use SFS 68k, but it didn't bring any speed improvement. With the PPC native version of SFS and the right CPU there was a real boost in speed.

Nevertheless, I'm glad to have met you, at that time you helped me a lot with WinUae and I was able to show my gratitude and help you now

I will also support the Qemu emulation in the future because I already like using it with AmigaOs4.1

MacStudio ARM M1 Max Qemu/AmigaOs4.1FE/Pegasos2
Go to top
Re: What the fastest possible x64 emulation way of OS4 today ?
Just popping in
Just popping in


See User information
@Maijestro

I have included the test you asked for

The startup script is described in my first post on www.amiga-news.de/ forum about "expect".
ASCII art ;) you need to change in the qemu sources instead of the message that the system has not yet initialised the graphics

How to replace the AOS4 boot image is here -> https://amiga.org.pl/archiwalne-artyku ... brazka-startowego-w-os-4/

Download file -> http://www.os4depot.net/index.php?fun ... file=graphics/misc/bi.lha

Greetings


Edited by smarkusg on 2023/5/28 6:43:24
Go to top
Re: What the fastest possible x64 emulation way of OS4 today ?
Quite a regular
Quite a regular


See User information
@smarkusgQuote:
smarkusg wrote:@Maijestro

I have included the test you asked for

The startup script is described in my first post on www.amiga-news.de/ forum about "expect".
ASCII art ;) you need to change in the qemu sources instead of the message that the system has not yet initialised the graphics

How to replace the AOS4 boot image is here -> https://amiga.org.pl/archiwalne-artyku ... brazka-startowego-w-os-4/

Download file -> http://www.os4depot.net/index.php?fun ... file=graphics/misc/bi.lha


The StartScript already works very well, but how did you include the boot command "boot hd:0 amigaboot.of", I can't get everything to start automatically.




MacStudio ARM M1 Max Qemu/AmigaOs4.1FE/Pegasos2
Go to top
Re: What the fastest possible x64 emulation way of OS4 today ?
Quite a regular
Quite a regular


See User information
I'd like to add a second virtual hd

this is the command line i use -cpu apollo7 corresponds to -cpu 7457:

qemu-system-ppc -cpu apollo7 -M pegasos2 -bios /home/white/Scaricati/pegasos2.rom -m 1024 -serial stdio -device sm501 -drive if=none,id=hd,file=/home/white/Scaricati /32gb.raw,format=raw -device ide-hd,drive=hd,bus=ide.0 -device rtl8139,netdev=vlan0 -netdev user,id=vlan0 -vga none -drive if=none,id=hd, file=/home/white/Downloads/Pegasos2.qcow2,format=raw -device ide-hd,drive=hd,bus=ide.1

this is what qemu replies to me:

qemu-system-ppc: -drive if=none,id=hd,file=/home/white/Downloads/Pegasos2.qcow2,format=raw: Duplicate ID 'hd' for drive

i'm doing something wrong from what i understand just add =ide1 in place of =ide0

any suggestions ?

Thank you

Go to top
Re: What the fastest possible x64 emulation way of OS4 today ?
Quite a regular
Quite a regular


See User information
@whiteQuote:
white wrote:I'd like to add a second virtual hd

this is the command line i use -cpu apollo7 corresponds to -cpu 7457:

qemu-system-ppc -cpu apollo7 -M pegasos2 -bios /home/white/Scaricati/pegasos2.rom -m 1024 -serial stdio -device sm501 -drive if=none,id=hd,file=/home/white/Scaricati /32gb.raw,format=raw -device ide-hd,drive=hd,bus=ide.0 -device rtl8139,netdev=vlan0 -netdev user,id=vlan0 -vga none -drive if=none,id=hd, file=/home/white/Downloads/Pegasos2.qcow2,format=raw -device ide-hd,drive=hd,bus=ide.1

this is what qemu replies to me:

qemu-system-ppc: -drive if=none,id=hd,file=/home/white/Downloads/Pegasos2.qcow2,format=raw: Duplicate ID 'hd' for drive

i'm doing something wrong from what i understand just add =ide1 in place of =ide0



I have also dealt with it and until today not managed to mount a 2 HD, even the attempt via "virtio scsi" I did not succeed.

I'm not sure but scsi should be a lot faster than ide or?

This tutorial I found and tried:

https://wiki.netbsd.org/tutorials/how_ ... up_virtio_scsi_with_qemu/

Also the complete mounting of an external hard disk did not work yet. For help you might have to look in the direct Qemu forum.

MacStudio ARM M1 Max Qemu/AmigaOs4.1FE/Pegasos2
Go to top
Re: What the fastest possible x64 emulation way of OS4 today ?
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away


See User information
@white
Quote:
qemu-system-ppc ... -drive if=none,id=hd,file=/home/white/Scaricati /32gb.raw,format=raw -device ide-hd,drive=hd,bus=ide.0 ... -drive if=none,id=hd, file=/home/white/Downloads/Pegasos2.qcow2,format=raw -device ide-hd,drive=hd,bus=ide.1
I don't know anything about QEmu, but if it's arguments aren't completely strange using "id=hd" and "drive=hd" for 2 different image files/emulated disk devices can't work, try something like "id/drive=hd1" for the 1st one, "id/drive=hd2" for the 2nd, etc., or any other unique name, instead.

@Maijestro
Quote:
I'm not sure but scsi should be a lot faster than ide or?
UW-SCSI on real hardware is faster than PATA, but slower than SATA. On emulation there is probably no difference between the 3.

Go to top
Re: What the fastest possible x64 emulation way of OS4 today ?
Quite a regular
Quite a regular


See User information
@joergQuote:
joerg wrote:@white

@Maijestro
Quote:
I'm not sure but scsi should be a lot faster than ide or?
UW-SCSI on real hardware is faster than PATA, but slower than SATA. On emulation there is probably no difference between the 3.


Qemu is oriented as close as possible to real hardware, it could well bring some speed, since it is untested remains only a guess.

It's like with the standard G4 CPU 7400 which was set by Qemu for the Pegasos 2 emulation, because of this some things were not recognized under AmigaOs4.1 (Altivec/SFS) and the system was in some areas very slow and incompatible e.g. Enhancer Software 2.2.

BALATON Zoltan has released some patches with others just waiting to be merged into Qemu. Among others the shutdown directly under AmigaOs4.1 was solved and an alternative patch for it was written, the default CPU was changed to cpu 7457 as it currently works well with AmigaOs4.1. And some other things...

The merging of the patches can be taken from here :

https://patchwork.kernel.org/project/q ... -1-danielhb413@gmail.com/

It's not big things, but it will improve the emulation further. What I wish for the future is to be able to use at least 32 bit resolutions and maybe 2d accelerated.

Also the purchase of a real Amiga would be an option for me if it is not bigger than my Mac Studio.

MacStudio ARM M1 Max Qemu/AmigaOs4.1FE/Pegasos2
Go to top
Re: What the fastest possible x64 emulation way of OS4 today ?
Quite a regular
Quite a regular


See User information
@joerg

Thanks, I thought about it a bit
This works adds a second separate virtual hard drive:

obviously it must be initialized with HDToolBox


qemu-system-ppc -cpu apollo7 -M pegasos2 -bios /home/white/Scaricati/pegasos2.rom -m 1024 -serial stdio -device sm501 -drive if=none,id=hd,file=/home/white/Scaricati/32gb.raw,format=raw -device ide-hd,drive=hd,bus=ide.0 -device rtl8139,netdev=vlan0 -netdev user,id=vlan0 -vga none -drive if=none,id=hd1,file=/home/white/Scaricati/Pegasos2.qcow2,format=raw -device ide-hd,drive=hd1,bus=ide.1

Go to top
Re: What the fastest possible x64 emulation way of OS4 today ?
Quite a regular
Quite a regular


See User information
@white
Quote:
white wrote:@joerg

Thanks, I thought about it a bit
This works adds a second separate virtual hard drive:

obviously it must be initialized with HDToolBox


qemu-system-ppc -cpu apollo7 -M pegasos2 -bios /home/white/Scaricati/pegasos2.rom -m 1024 -serial stdio -device sm501 -drive if=none,id=hd,file=/home/white/Scaricati/32gb.raw,format=raw -device ide-hd,drive=hd,bus=ide.0 -device rtl8139,netdev=vlan0 -netdev user,id=vlan0 -vga none -drive if=none,id=hd1,file=/home/white/Scaricati/Pegasos2.qcow2,format=raw -device ide-hd,drive=hd1,bus=ide.1



he he very good, I can use something like that well, thanks that you have found out I will test it right away. Now I can create a bigger HD and import my backups

MacStudio ARM M1 Max Qemu/AmigaOs4.1FE/Pegasos2
Go to top

  Register To Post
« 1 ... 10 11 12 (13) 14 15 16 ... 66 »

 




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 ( 0 members and 1 Anonymous Users )




Powered by XOOPS 2.0 © 2001-2023 The XOOPS Project