Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
115 user(s) are online (52 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 3
Guests: 112

flash, walkero, Magic, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 (2)
Re: MorphOS 3.18 is out
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Hans
Well, this model works better than AmigaOS4, which by the way also works with artists, if it were only commercial, AmigaOS4 would not continue to exist, because commercial systems like Windows or MacOS include browsers, etc.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@geennaam
Remember the graphics drivers for Sam460ex, Iit stung me, paying 30 euros for some drivers that were only valid for using the DVI port instead of the VGA, and then the Warp 3D drivers appeared, and the people who paid for the first ones were not entitled to a discount, when part of those drivers would use paid code with the first DVI drivers.
After well, ciao Sams...

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Templario
Quote:
Well, this model works better than AmigaOS4, which by the way also works with artists, if it were only commercial, AmigaOS4 would not continue to exist, because commercial systems like Windows or MacOS include browsers, etc.

Hyperion's vibe is more like "it's mine, this belongs to me!" Not surprising given that it's main owner/director is a patent attorney by trade. And there's now a tug of war over who owns what, including the AmigaOS trademark...

I wish they'd be more customer focused, because a business' reason for being is to serve their customers. It's the customers who pay the bills that allow a business to continue doing what it does. Of course, you need to be good to everyone: your employees, suppliers, contractors, etc.

Hans

http://hdrlab.org.nz/ - Amiga OS 4 projects, programming articles and more.
https://keasigmadelta.com/ - more of my work
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Hans
I think Hyperion's commercial drift in recent years is more along the lines of considering the AmigaOS4 its feudal kingdom, where people have to pay taxes in exchange for selling the same thing over and over again.
This can work for the big ones but for such a small market it is lethal.

Go to top
Site Builder
Site Builder

See User information
I feel the discussion is way out of topic here. Let's move on.

The only thing I have to say is congratulations to the MorphOS team for the new release.

Follow me on
Ko-fi, Twitter, YouTube, Twitch
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Hmm.. as the thread is here, here's something I've created recently about the new MorphOS 3.18 release:

A video about the really nice integration of Samba (Smb2FS) in Ambient, this is how it should be made:
YouTube video

And info/screenshots of the new programs:
Hex, ArchiveIt, Thermals, and Smb2FS

Go to top

Register To Post
« 1 (2)