Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
161 user(s) are online (94 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 161

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

X5000 - Missing OS4.1 licence and Enhancer Software
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Hello,

I have bought from a second hand an X5000. It belonged before to the seller's grandfather. Unfortunately the seller has no idea about the hardware and the grandpa passed away. He was only cleaning his office and putted his whole IT stuff to the local advertisement portal.
When I asked about licences/medias/CD which should be delivered with the X5000 he had no idea. He has only ordered the X5000 on AmigaKit for his granpa. And the only proof I have got from him is a printed confirmation email from AmigaKit (which includes, Name, Date, Ordernumber, Address, etc.).
I tried already to contact with Hyperion in this case - no answer.
I tried to contact with AmigaKit to get a backup of UBOOT - no answer.
There is no possibility to buy OS4.1 for X5000 anywhere.
And when I see an unboxing videos on youtube - the package should include OS and Enhancer Software.
What should I do? How to get the Licence and the Install media?
The seller has no idea and I guess the office is already cleaned and the Medias are in the trash.

The second story is with SamEP440 which I bought from him as well. But there is OS4.1 already installed and in addition I already bought an extra CD with 4.1 for EP440. But If I would like to retrieve somehow a licence which is installed now on this machine, is it possible?

Thanks in advance for some hints.

Go to top
Re: X5000 - Missing OS4.1 licence and Enhancer Software
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@david_ooo

If you email Support on our website (not pre-sales) we can look into this for you.

We will need the original order number and details.

A-EON will charge an admin fee to transfer the Enhancer Software licence from the former owner to you.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@amigakit

I wrote an email to support@....

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@david_ooo
Quote:
The second story is with SamEP440 which I bought from him as well. But there is OS4.1 already installed and in addition I already bought an extra CD with 4.1 for EP440. But If I would like to retrieve somehow a licence which is installed now on this machine, is it possible?
Check the AmiUpdate icon ToolTypes, if there is a username/password for installing AmigaOS updates it may be the same as the one required to login to the Hyperion account.
If not the only way would be to get it from the dealer of the Sam440ep.

Go to top
Supreme Council
Supreme Council

See User information
Joerg is onto something here, unfortunately he's in the wrong place. Instead, check the "sitelist" file in the AmiUpdate directory (usually SYS:System/AmiUpdate) and see if there are any login details there you might be able to use...

Simon

Comments made in any post are personal opinion, and are in no-way representative of any commercial entity unless specifically stated as such.
----
http://codebench.co.uk
Go to top

Register To Post