Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
106 user(s) are online (69 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 106

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

Codebench having GFX issues and freezing in WinUAE using UAEGFX card (was working fine with PIV)
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Hi everybody,

since next to my Peg2 and my A4000 I am using WinUAE too for AOS4.1 (Classic) I also installed SDK and Codebench there to do some casual coding from time to time.

So far I was using PIV as GFX card setting, but after a great hint from here I am now on UAEGFX card.

The unfortunate thing is that Codebench's graphics are now scrembled color-wise and it always freezes (beforehand it froze rarely). Changing screenmodes (always 8 bit) or using WB does not help - it seems like Codebench struggling with the UAEGFX card.
When being used on WB it even crashes the WB colors - see screenshot here (the image tage of the forum editor seems not to be working BTW).

Any idea how to correct this?

Thank you in advance and

Kind Regards

Go to top
Re: Codebench having GFX issues and freezing in WinUAE using UAEGFX card (was working fine with PIV)
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
When we can expect an updated version of codebench and what we can do to speed up it a bit?
Even on a G4 it’s quite slow but at same time really powerfull.
It could be the default ide for OS4, fully integrated with sdk and system.

Memento audere semper!
Go to top
Re: Codebench having GFX issues and freezing in WinUAE using UAEGFX card (was working fine with PIV)
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Reth

What depth is your Workbench? I'd say it needs 16 or 24 bit display. At least CodeBench expects that regardless of needing it. I've seen similar corruption before, sometimes on planar, but hard to tell if it's OS issue or UAEGFX has some bug or a combination of both.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Ha! You are right! Unfortunately 32Bit in HD is quite slow but the colors are correct again. System still freezes nearly regularly sooner or later when using Codebench. :( - Maybe need to open an own thread for this.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
I installed it to my OS4 emulation and installing was even slower than copying it to RAM.

It seemed to run okay after. I did have a freeze but it was only when downloading it and it invalidated my HDD image and kept making it freeze on boot. Never did that before. But I'm running FS-UAE. Maybe latest has a bug that freezes OS4.

So can confirm the corruption on 8 bit. It seems to change the palette but doesn't restore it when you quit. There is also some other bug. I tried to change screenmode back but it kept closing and reopening the screen and complaining about windows. I think this is a recent bug in the whole system as I've seen it on real hardware like X1000. For fun, after palette corruption, open ScreenMode for a funny effect.

So I have a RGB16 bit mode set in P4 mode. You may have to see if both UAE and P4 can be added as cards. Then see if you can run CodeBench on P4 screen only. If not use 16 but mode.

I tried to add UAE as graphic card but it didn't show up. This maybe because I'm using FS-UAE and it has presets for OS4. It also lacks support that WinUAE has like adding folder drives, so internal hooks aren't fully supported like in WinUAE, which could explain why UAEGFX won't work with my OS4.

Go to top

Register To Post