Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
162 user(s) are online (122 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 162

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 ... 3 4 5 (6) 7 8 9 ... 14 »
Re: Sam460LE 1.10 Ghz Pre-Order!
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@PixelHi

Quote:
I was so hoping to get Sam before Christmas, now I'm quite sure it will not happen this year

You will still get it a year earlier than us poor A1222 pre-orderers

The Rear Window blog

AmigaOne X5000 @ 2GHz / 4GB RAM / Radeon RX 560 / ESI Juli@ / AmigaOS 4.1 Final Edition
SAM440ep-flex @ 667MHz / 1GB RAM / Radeon 9250 / AmigaOS 4.1 Final Edition
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@AmigaOldskooler

Nothing yet, I was thinking I was quite fast with my pre-order. Hopefully there was hundreds of orders to fulfill 🙂.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@trixie

I think you meant yearS earlier 😉.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@PixelHi

My best guess is that the first batch of boards was going to go to Amedia Computers, as they were offering fully assembled Sam460le machines for pre-order. I’m not sure if they were counted in the initial pre-order head count however. I thought I was pretty quick too, having completed my pre-order only an hour or two after getting my email from ACUBE… I suppose I’ll see what January brings?

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@m3x

Happy new year, hope everything is well in ACUBE land! By chance could we expect an update soon on the ACUBE website or social media regarding shipment and delivery of the boards? Definitely looking forward to OS 4.1 on a new machine this year!

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Here also silence, paid in full more than 2 weeks ago.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@all

one batch of boards has been sent to the courier and will be delivered next week.
Another batch will follow soon after.

Max Tretene, ACube Systems Srl, Soft3
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@m3x

Thank you an update. Hopefully soon I will get it 😁.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@m3x

any news on sending the uboot chip(s) that are bricked after last uboot update errors? , i emailed and it should be shipped last monday but didnt here anything about it yet ,
i love to get the machine back booting os 4.1 again

regards
klapdeur

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
ACUBE contacted me in early December to finish final payment pre-order and said they would be shipping at or around Dec 15. I emailed them and they said they would email with tracking as soon as it ships. That is going on a month now.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@amiganuts

Sadly, it seems to have become a norm in the AmigaNG world to turn a customer into a piece of sh*t once the payment has been made

The Rear Window blog

AmigaOne X5000 @ 2GHz / 4GB RAM / Radeon RX 560 / ESI Juli@ / AmigaOS 4.1 Final Edition
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
I think we don't have many options here. I believe they try to do what they can. Sure, giving inaccurate estimates is not great, but it's not like they produce San460 on regular bases. It's different when you have a "production line" vs. you try to make something "from time to time". Considering current issues due to way how governments handle covid, etc. I'm actually happy they can do anything. Elect better politicians, so they will not force you to stay home...

So, yes, I can't wait, but I'm waiting for it about 20 years, so I don't think it's Acube fault 🤔.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Well, I got good news. Acube emailed me this morning saying that my board should ship tomorrow and to verify my shipping address. I will keep you posted.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@amiganuts

Great to hear that! Don't forget to keep us posted about your experience with the board.

The Rear Window blog

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Just got a tracking number... 🙂

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
That’s so exciting! I’m really hoping that I’m next in line. And yes, do keep us posted on everything! Have you decided what kind of case you’ll be putting it in?

Edited by Mendamigo on 2023/1/12 16:35:21
Edited by Mendamigo on 2023/1/12 16:35:47
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@PixelHi

Quote:
Just got a tracking number...

Cool! It's all about communication.

The Rear Window blog

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Mendamigo

Yes, I have everything ready to be put together. I found relatively... boring case (InWin Cj712), but I like small computers. It's low profile, and it will be great for low profile R7 240, Sound Blaster, Sata card.

I hope I will not have issues with installation or AmigaOS but and the same time "it's part of the process".

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
I haven't seriously looked at cases yet. Now that my SAM460LE ships tomorrow that is encouraging me to find it a nice home. I built my X5040 in a nice white Thermaltake case backlit red. Any suggestions? Just don't want one too pricy.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@amiganuts

I have a white Thermaltake S100 case that I plan on putting mine in. It’s very clean looking, and it has a clear glass side. I have all of the other parts waiting as well; Soundblaster Audigy FX, Radeon RX 550, and 2 GB of ram. That new Uboot should work with newer Radeon cards, but worst case I can use serial output to navigate getting things set up during install. How easy is it to create a usb bootable installer by chance?

Go to top

Register To Post
« 1 ... 3 4 5 (6) 7 8 9 ... 14 »