Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
151 user(s) are online (79 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 151

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

Get/Set Kernel DebugLevel (and KDEBUG command question)
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Looking at the SDK and their descriptions it looks like the (only?) way to get the kernel debug level and set it is to use exec/debug/GetDebugLevel(), check it and then - in the case that I want to set it to something, run DOS's RunCommand() as if i had typed:
KDEBUG debuglevel X

?

It seems odd that there is a function to get the debug level but not set it without pretending to run a command.

===

As for KDEBUG, I would have expected
KDEBUG status

To provide the values for fields, but it does nothing. I am not sure the description for "status" is as good as it could be.

===

There was a command to run to get all of your UBOOT env variables; that, or there was a screen in some GUI tool, but I forget where that is.

===

I also managed to make KDEBUG crash when performing the following:

KDEBUG debuglevel

Edited by rjd324 on 2022/12/14 7:25:30
If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.
George Orwell.
Go to top
Re: Get/Set Kernel DebugLevel (and KDEBUG command question)
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@rjd324

Quote:
There was a command to run to get all of your UBOOT env variables; that, or there was a screen in some GUI tool, but I forget where that is.
The NVGetVar command.

Best regards,

Niels

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@rjd324

Quote:
...or there was a screen in some GUI tool...

Ranger can display all the firmware environment variables in its Hardware->Firmware tab.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
From what I recall KDebug was an internal command written for OS4 debugging. So not exactly intended for public. Which explains why it's possibly not working as well as expected.

Go to top

Register To Post