Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
107 user(s) are online (66 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 107

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

Enhanger 2.2
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Just installed it yesterday over fresh OS4.1F upd2. System is Peg2/G4/1gb/Radeon 9250

Copy command is much more reliable than before in long large copys. It is allso faaaaast. Great and remarkable improvement.

No time to test it thoroughly yet, but it seems that copy really works correctly (finally).

Someone asked Trevor, why publish cli-remakes. Answer was, that someone in team like to do them. I think that he/she would like it even more :)

Finally working AmiDVD.

New exchanger is nice.

Notifications/Ringhio even better.

My Limpidclock is finally retired.

Happy as punch.

Generally very happy with my purchase.

Of course not tested everything yet, there is quite bit of new things.

Some quirks or features.

For some reason(s) Multiviewer doesnt start properly on my system. Its tc_State is suspended in Scout Task&Process list. Doesnt open. Not downloadable at all from Updater atm. Some config problem or similar? Didnt pick "replace multiview" in setup.

Partition Wizard doesnt start at all. AmigaDos: The process terminated without replying to the workbench startig message, this program is probably for CLI use only.

Dont need Partition Wizard atm, so no biggie. Should be nice, if it works when needed. Still, I have at least enough backups...

InfoWB doesnt allow disk renaming via name stringbox. Drawers and files can be renamed as with RAWBInfo.

If I change icon via InfoWB, Transparent part of icon will turn visible black. Should be annoying for some, when building fresh system from zero, all these gazillions icons from os4depot... :)

Sometimes picking information from menus takes quite time, before infowindow appears.

Any Ideas about problems?

Peg2 1GHz G4, 1Gb mem, Radeon 9250
Go to top
Re: Enhanger 2.2
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
Hi,

I get the same with Partition Wizard.

--
AmigaONE X1000 and Radeon RX 560
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
User error.

Correct way is something...

Clean OS4.1FE + update 1,2, same time gfx, audio, network settings etc.

Updates via Amiupdate.

Enhanger 2.2 and then rest.

Extras.

PartitionWizard still not functioning. Probably next update.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@K-L

Hi,

Ok, you have modern computer. I tought that it is my peg.

Thanks.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Mlehto

Thank you for your great feedback on the new Enhancer Software 2.2. I am glad you are enjoying using it.

We will look into the InfoWB and MultiViewer requests/reports and get them resolved.

amigakit.com - the Amiga store
Links: www.amigakit.com | New Products | Enhancer Software
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Mlehto

Quote:

For some reason(s) Multiviewer doesnt start properly on my system. Its tc_State is suspended in Scout Task&Process list. Doesnt open.

Could you perhaps run snoopy whilst starting MVer to get a feel for where it hangs? I've not heard any other reports, but it could be a broken datatype causing issues at5 startup.

Quote:

InfoWB doesnt allow disk renaming via name stringbox. Drawers and files can be renamed as with RAWBInfo.

I did a comparative test and RAWBInfo also doesn't rename volumes. Relableing a volume is different operation to renamng a file so will need seperate code to deal with that.

Quote:

If I change icon via InfoWB, Transparent part of icon will turn visible black.

What do you mean by "change icon" here? Are you dropping a icon on the window? Loading an image? If the latter what format?

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Mlehto

Quote:
Finally working AmiDVD.
I'm very glad to hear it's working again, the initial release of Enhancer 2.2 unfortunately included a wrong binary of AmiDVD which didn't work yet.

Quote:
Partition Wizard doesnt start at all.
Basically it just needs the same changes as AmiDVD. I didn't have the time for it yet, but once I get a working AmigaOS Enhancer system again it's no problem at all to fix it.

I'm very sorry I had to annoy users with such a mess, but seeing that Hyperion is selling illegal copies of my software since more that 10 years already (AmigaOS 4.1 FE and beyond: diskboot.kmod, CDFileSystem, SFS, PartitionWizard, etc., AmigaOS 3.1.x/3.2.x m68k: illegal CDFileSystem port based on stolen sources of my AmigaOS 4.x CDFileSystem port) it was absolutely required, I hope at least some of you can understand why I had to implement such copy protections in my AmigaOS software.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@amigakit

Joerg allready explained PartitionWizard, so it doesnt need more lines.

Cant open X-Dock prefs-menu/popup.menu. Downloaded earlier version and it is working. That can be my system only or user error.

Minorities.

If one makes clean install, correct order is OS4.1Final, upd1, upd2, initial setup for graphics mode, ahi, network etc. at that stage, Forgot to set AHI and no working sounds after that. Not Enhance-related. Extras then. If Extras is installed after Enhance 2.2, Extras installs partially incomplete and RunInUAE installer fails and dir-command (new one) Grims. So Extras first :)

Clock and calendar should have option "allways in backround".

Otherwise they look modern and fine really.

Information -> disk or information drawer, file gets some time to open. Sometimes some more. Start time is bit longish for Amiga :)

Correction: One cant rename disks via RAWBInfo either.

Amisphere server eats some cpu cycles, if started from WBStartup. Not much, but noticeable. Easy fix is leaved it out from start and leave updater to open it.

Disk usage pie would probably have some 3d look with extra lines, or bolder circle-lines probably. It is allso quite big and challenging on window related to other components.

I will report, if I found something more.

Dont know how I messed first clean install. Probably too many moved env-variables from last working install. Better without any ...

Thats all for now, most are pretty minor things and if installation is performed sensible order, things should be fine.

OS is stable and more complete and usable. Did I allready mention that copy command :) Something is different. It is fast and more reliable.

Thanks for all involved, respect.

Edited by Mlehto on 2022/10/3 18:43:06
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@joerg

Oh, we had some steep turns during years. No hard feelings.

I really like AmiDVD. It is simple, clean and very amigish UI.

I think that there is room in Enhancer for more good programs, if you have time and motivation.

Welcome back, if you decide to stay :)

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@broadblues

Hi,

Most things was user-errors. Probably too many thing to env-archive from old system .

Multiviewer was unable to open chooser gadget. Even after I lifted it directly from setup package to its place. Some other software was allso unable to open chooser gadget.

Amiga-AMP didnt open after first clean install. Same suspended syndrome. Didnt investigate that further, because system had some serious problems. AHI failed. Probably because I didnt set up it when OS4.1 install offered it. Test buttons worked ok, but all other sounds were just pitching.

Next I made after all three OS installs to different partitions. After every step I used Cloantos DirDiff package from aminet. It uses some byte byte comparison. All installs were indifferent. Ok, It complains about some sobjs, but that I leaved alone.

Copied libs and c anyway from old system to new, no overwrite.

As DirDiff came clean, there wasnt any hw-related problem behind.

Bit different, what I did couple of weeks before Enhancer installation. Dont know, if that is normal for pegasos or not. I had serious problems to get pegasos to boot properly. Jamming to boot-screen forever, 13-17 second waits on boot-screen, overall instability problems, grims here and thre without reason.

I reordered kicklayout same as member Belxjander on Hyperion-forum (https://forum.hyperion-entertainment.c ... ANDER+kicklayout&start=33). After that clean booting, no system instability/lockups or surprise-grimms. I allready prepared myself to look via serial, what is happening really, but system work stabile now. Someone in dev-team probably should tinker, is there something to consider. System is been anyway from different planet couple of weeks now.

You are correct, it is not possible rename disk with RAWBInfo. Memory can be tricky... :)

I mean, that if you open information over disk, drawer or file, you can replace icon by dropping new over old one. For some reason my failed installation dropped transparent part of icon and it was replaced by black colour.

Now it works normal, after I made fresh installation without hurry and sensible way.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Mlehto
Quote:

You are correct, it is not possible rename disk with RAWBInfo. Memory can be tricky... :)

Actually it does, but has a bug with certain combinations, such as changing FOO to FOOD doesn't work but changing FOO to BARFOOD does work.

When tested just now, I tried something closer to the first case so it didn't work, I rested with a change of Ram Disk to Ram_Disk and it did.

Anyway InfoWB has the feature "unumplmented" working on that...

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@broadblues

Great, thanks.

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
I also finally got round to installing Enhancer 2.2 (I thought I already had!), and I can no longer change the skin for Calendar.

No matter what I select, it goes back to the default.

Update: closed it, opened old Calendar and it correctly displayed the old skin. Closed it, re-opened new Calendar and it now displays my chosen skin.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@amigakit @broadblues

Encancer InfoWB, List, incorrect size on large files.

Yesterday I made backupfrom my downloads-drawer. With AmiDVD. 6,6 GB iso, burned happily DL disk. Didnt try "on the fly yet".

Workbench View by name shows correct size in window, 7 111 614 464 bytes, RAWBInfo shows 6G. Heh.

InfoWB shows 2 816 647 168 bytes.

Enchancer list-command shows -2 bytes.

AmigaOS list shows 7111614464 bytes.

Copied it to another partition with ench copy-command. sha1sum shows, that correctly.

Good, nothing breaks. I have optical backup.

Seems that AmigaOS List gives correct size. RAWBInfo gives some Gees. Enchancer List and InfoWB cant hadle large numbers atm.

Go to top

Register To Post