Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
99 user(s) are online (56 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 99

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 (2)
Re: Does anyone have the linux hosted cross-compilers?
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@kas1e and @Capehill

The odd thing is, when I build and use these compilers from adtools (Ubuntu 12.04 64bit in VirtualBox) to build ffmpeg with altivec support, they all produce faulty video and audio output. Non-altivec builds are OK.

I can't find the adtools 20090118 source used for zerohero's cross-compiler and the OS4 SDK anywhere.

I'm trying to find the root cause of the altivec builds of ffmpeg being faulty. I've tracked it down to being an issue with the compilers I've personally built from adtools, but I don't know if it's an issue with gcc 4.6.3 in Ubuntu (which is used to compile the cross-compiler), or VirtualBox, the adtools branch, or something else.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@all
Zerohero's pages are up again, but just in case i save all the files and put on my mirror.

Only 3 files are missing and which says not-found even on original page now (os3 related):

http://cross.zerohero.se/ppc-linux/m6 ... aos-binutils-2.14.tar.bz2
http://cross.zerohero.se/ppc-linux/m68k-amigaos-gcc-2.95.3.tar.bz2
http://cross.zerohero.se/ppc-linux/m68k-amigaos-gcc-3.4.0.tar.bz2

If anyone have them, plz share.

All others are backed up.

@Mick

Write BZ on adtools or we can't end up with some new sdk where altivec bins sucked.

Join us to improve dopus5!
AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
I wasn't sure what "BZ" meant for a sec there. I assume it's Bugzilla? I don't think Sourceforge uses that.

I'm not convinced it's an adtools issue. It might be an issue with the compiler that is used to build adtools. ssolie suggested that it might be the compile switches used (-maltivec -mabi=altivec etc.), but I would have assumed that if only those 2 switches is needed and works on 4.2.4 (adtools 20090118), it'd work the 4.2.4 I built (which is 20100512).

So, I won't do a bug report unless I'm sure of what the bug is. adtools could be fine.

Edit: I found 20090118 in revision 235.

Edited by MickJT on 2013/7/25 22:54:46
Edited by MickJT on 2014/1/30 15:38:00
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@MickJT
Quote:
The undefined references to _Unwind_SjLj_Unregister etc. It's a problem on 4.2.4 as well. I've been able to use ppc-amigaos-gcc and -lstdc++ to link so it hasn't been big issue for me yet.

Thanks for mentioning this work-around. I may not end-up using it, but it's useful to have a backup solution...

Author of the PortablE programming language.
Go to top

Register To Post
« 1 (2)