Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
110 user(s) are online (65 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 110

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 2 (3) 4 »
Re: Clock problem on my AmigaOne X5000
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@Raziel

This tool is awesome, KDE Connect, just for Amiga! They should call it Ami Connect or something, I would never even guess judging by the title. Will test it asap -- No more FTP-ing!

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@tonyw

So this pretty much sounds like what I have experienced. Looking forward to fix.

Thanks
Doug

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@levellord

I didn't know of the existence until Raziel told me on this forums.

But how can I use it and what is the goal of this utilitie?

It could be cool to send you some pictures of my Amiga 5000's tower

Amiga 500 1MB Chip RAM with ACA 500+ACA1232,CD32,Amiga 1300 030/50 Mhz,32MB (now on my hands at least)and Amiga One G3 XE PPC 800 Mhz,ATI Radeon 9250 128 MB,256 MB RAM,Seagate 200 GB HD,2 working DVD drives,X-Arcade double for MAME,Sil0680,4 USB ports,LG
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@MamePPCA1

The purpose of it is to connect your phone (Android) with AmigaOS and then share files between. Let's say you took a picture and want to send this picture to your Amiga and edit it in SketchBlock. You open program on Amiga side and then open on Android side and from your phone select this image and send it to Amiga. After editing is done, you send edited picture back to your phone via this program. Before all this (I just tested the program and it works great), you need to copy *.apk file to your Android (32-bit or 64-bit), enable installation from unknown source and install the app. On Amiga side, you need to place drawer and files to location of your choosing and start it from there. Both will ask for IP of each other and since it is showing on the 1st prompt, just insert last IP address numbers. After that, set up the location of receiving files and you are good to go. You have to play around with it to figure out how it works, but it is pretty simple.

You other question about jabirulo's game:

Quote:
Re: Setting up a games competition
I have build a very very simple shooter (SDL2) that can submit to a web the hiscore #1.

It's just a port (with some changes) from the excellent SDL2 tutorial from Parallel Realities. [https://www.parallelrealities.co.uk/tutorials/#shooter]

Game
Just shoot at enemies and collect (P) to increase your score. Player bullets on screen are reduced when player gets more points.
It can submit the highscore #1 (SUBMIT_HIGHSCORE tooltype) when quitting the game (http://jabirulo.byethost13.com/hs/shooter15).

http://jabirulo.byethost13.com/temp/sdl2/shooter15.7zip (datas)
http://jabirulo.byethost13.com/temp/sdl2/shooter15_1.51.7z (updated exec)

Don't know how it will work on "old" AmigaONEs on my SAM460 works fine.

I hope this helps!

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@levellord

Good to know it is simple to use and I will try later.

May my mobile phone have internet connection or not? For SimpleTransfer.

Thanks for the explanation levellord and also I will try jabirulo's new shooter

Amiga 500 1MB Chip RAM with ACA 500+ACA1232,CD32,Amiga 1300 030/50 Mhz,32MB (now on my hands at least)and Amiga One G3 XE PPC 800 Mhz,ATI Radeon 9250 128 MB,256 MB RAM,Seagate 200 GB HD,2 working DVD drives,X-Arcade double for MAME,Sil0680,4 USB ports,LG
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@MamePPCA1

Your phone and your Amiga must be in the same "Workgroup" via your router so they should "see" each other. First 3 sets of the IP should be the same on both devices, only last, 4th set of IP should be different.

Like this (IP below is example, it might not look the same with your set up):

192.168.1.XXX

On both devices 192.168.1. should be the same (Android/Amiga will report IP number) while last set will be different.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@MamePPCA1

It works both ways...think of it as a IP address link.
Once your X5000 and your mobile have linked, you can upload/download whatever you want between the two devices, your WLAN speed is the limit

edit: and you don't need to fiddle around with workgroups or other samba stuff...you just have to know your IP addresses (X5000 and mobile) and you are good to go.

People are dying.
Entire ecosystems are collapsing.
We are in the beginning of a mass extinction.
And all you can talk about is money and fairytales of eternal economic growth.
How dare you!
– Greta Thunberg
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@MamePPCA1

How to easily set up SimpleTransfer on your Amiga

1) Start it
2) Click on second from left icon in the upper row (settings)
You should see your X5000s IP address on top (This device: xxx.xxx.xxx.xx)
remember it for the mobile app
3) Remote IP - set the IP from your mobile here
To get your mobile IP, install the app on your phone and repeat steps 1 and 2
4) Receive Path - set your downloads path here

In the main window on the bottom should you read:
Waiting for: xxx.xxx.xxx.xx

that is your destination.
It will only change to found after you did the same with your mobile app.

Once they connected, you can shove whatver stuff around you want

People are dying.
How dare you!
– Greta Thunberg
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@levellord

And about jabirulo's shooter I have to say that I have an extracting error while unpacking the Data's with UnArc.

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
Try extracting the archive via DOpus or CLI, I am not sure why Unarc is not working for you?

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@levellord

Maybe the file is corrupt,I don't know.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
I am trying to upload my pictures.How van I do it? imgbb.com doesn't work well on Odyssey...

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@MamePPCA1

Try this, it is working for me:

Postimages

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@levellord

OK it works!!!

Here it goes:

https://postimg.cc/gallery/SmM1xq9/22c16847

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@MamePPCA1

Those pictures hurt my eyes...i can't make out any details and it seems they are either completely shaken or "washed".

What device did you use to take them?

People are dying.
How dare you!
– Greta Thunberg
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Raziel

A mobile phone branded Samsung A12.

Matbe I did these photos very quick?

If you desire maybe I can do more.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Raziel

Forgot to say that I diid between my portable Pc-Amiga-Philips USB stick cause my miobile has a very flacky internet connection (practicakky unusable)

Edited by MamePPCA1 on 2022/6/22 18:22:40
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@levellord

Ah! And my system clock doesn't set right on my AmigaOS 4.1 now

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
Well, we can see that you're using the stock Fractal case.

Can you identify where the power cable from the case plugs into the motherboard? I would suggest unplugging it, cleaning the contacts (with isopropyl alcohol, just using a dry cotton bud won't do much).

My first thought is still some kind of mechanical fault with the switch - I had something similar with my A1XE.

You might need to take it to a local PC repair store. They will be baffled by the unusual motherboard but they should be able help with a power switch problem.

As for the clock, mine eventually came right, although I suspect that it is Time Prefs updating the clock on boot from the ntp server.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@MamePPCA1

maybe using and "old" 7Z client for xadmaster.library?

http://os4depot.net/?function=showfil ... tility/archive/xad_7z.lha

Under <spit>windows</spit> I get an error while trying to uncompress shooter15.7zip, solved by renaming it to shooter15.7z

Go to top

Register To Post
« 1 2 (3) 4 »