Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
129 user(s) are online (64 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 129

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

AmigaOne XE, Micro A1-C questions
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
I made this new post, becouse previous discussion on OS4 fe internet problem was beginning offtopic.

@number6
OK, I will not touch any of U-boots

inside my Micro is CPU FX v2.2. Originally 800 MHz, overclocked to 866 MHz. 933 MHz is unstable with some games.
GX is faster, upto 1 GHz. But I have no one.

GPU in my Micro is standart Radeon 7000 of course. Sorry, 7500 was my mistake.

Regarding the un-fix AmigaOne XE, here: https://www.os4welt.de/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=685 seems to be the documents.

Unfortunatelly, you have to be logged to see the files.
Please, can any member of os4welt.de send me the files?
I don't want to register there for single file, it is not respectful of os4welt members.

AmigaOS3: Amiga 1200
AmigaOS4: Micro A1-C, AmigaOne XE, Pegasos II, Sam440ep, Sam440ep-flex, AmigaOne X1000
MorphOS: Efika 5200b, Pegasos I, Pegasos II, Powerbook, Mac Mini, iMac, Powermac Quad
Go to top
Re: AmigaOne XE, Micro A1-C questions
Site Builder
Site Builder

See User information

Follow me on
Ko-fi, Twitter, YouTube, Twitch
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@walkero
many thanks!

AmigaOS4: Micro A1-C, AmigaOne XE, Pegasos II, Sam440ep, Sam440ep-flex, AmigaOne X1000
MorphOS: Efika 5200b, Pegasos I, Pegasos II, Powerbook, Mac Mini, iMac, Powermac Quad
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
I checked the board, and I have DMA-fix and no USB-fix

I have also this:
https://img38.rajce.idnes.cz/d3803/17/ ... mages/20220410_131935.jpg

Missing R488, R489 and R493 rezistors, and there are wired connection between R488 and R493 position.

Do you know what is it? It can be also original fix from factory.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@sailor

THe A1 board received it's "fix" from Kurt Grach in New York, USA. Before that it was factory stock. I'm not sure what Kurt did to the board, but if there's a way you could track him down, he might be able to tell you what the changes were supposed to accomplish.

Paul

Builder of Frankenthousand The monster A1000
The Young Frankenthousand A1-XE G4
X5000
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@Paul

many thanks!
In any case, if I will not be 100% sure what to do, I made no changes to AmigaOne.

I like her.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@sailor
Quote:
I checked the board, and I have DMA-fix and no USB-fix
I don't know what the USB-fix is, but the AmigaOne DMA "fix" destroyed much more than it fixed.
On a DMA unfixed AmigaOne the on-board ATA controller doesn't work reliable with DMA, but using DMA with a PCI PATA or SATA controller instead (sii3112, sii3114, sii0680, etc.) works without any problems.
On a DMA "fixed" AmigaOne the on-board ATA controller partially works using DMA (but IIRC not completely either, don't rely on it), but using a PCI DMA ATA controller doesn't work any more.

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@joerg
yes, I know. The DMA-fix fix one thing and corrupt other. This is why I want to unfix it or find unfixed motherboard.
But many things I can do and test with fixed AmigaOne also. All except PCI 66 MHz slot.

And USB fix is about adding resistors to USB tracks to detect correctly an unplugged device. As I know, it doesn't corrupt anything.
But I cannot do this. USB works fine even for large files, so I don't want touch it.

And my AmigaOne XE is super, have functional onboard sound chip.
So I have to be careful about her.

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
This one suspicious mentioned above:
https://img38.rajce.idnes.cz/d3803/17/ ... mages/20220410_131935.jpg
It is from Eyetech, it is no additional fix. One colleague with unfixed AmigaOne XE have the same on his motherboard.

Go to top

Register To Post