Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
52 user(s) are online (36 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 51

nbache, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

Unable to log in to AmiSphere account but able to log in to AmiStore (SOLVED)
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
When I go to: https://www.amisphere.com/ it says that "AmiSphere account is used to access AMIStore App Store". Presumably, this means that the same credentials are used both for the AMIStore and to log in when clicking "Login to existing AmiSphere account".

Well, I can login to the AmiStore on my AmigaOne, but I cannot login to Updater.

I then tried to log in on a non-Amiga machine and I just get an error about bad credentials.

Am I doing something wrong here?

Edited by rjd324 on 2022/4/6 23:47:08
If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.
George Orwell.
Go to top
Re: Unable to log in to AmiSphere account but able to log in to AmiStore
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Your credentials start with "as" and some numbers. Did you entered this or a name?

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Hi,

yes. Exactly the same credentials. For example, as112233. I used the same password for both AmiStore and Updater.

If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.
George Orwell.
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@rjd324
Password to long or wrong ?

the "as" part can't be wrong, you got amissl running?

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Hi,

the password is the same. I have AmiSSL installed and I also tried from a Windows machine to connect using that website linked above.

George Orwell.
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@rjd324

First thing i would do is change the password to something simple and short just to test it. got to be that.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Woah...

So, I manage to request a password reset for my AmiSphere account. How did I do that?

I ran "Updater" (green icon) and clicked on the yellow icon that asks you to insert your email address.

I waited for the email and it gave me a temporary password. I chanaged the password. Now, I am able to login to the AmiSphere account at the AmiSphere.com website. I am now also able to log in to "Updater" (green icon).

Guess what? Now, I cannot log in to AmiStore!

At the beginning, I could log into AmiStore but not Updater... Now it is the other way around.

What on Earth is going on?

When I try to log in to the AmiStore it says: checking account balance please wait... And then just kind of fails the log in (silently) and I do not have the normal options that tell me my purchases etc.

George Orwell.
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Okay, so the issue seems to be that AmiStore cannot handle special characters. Those that require a SHIFT modifier which has me super confused as to why I could log in to AmiStore all this time before all of this.

Now, I need to remove any special characters from my password, making it less secure, if I want to log in to AmiStore.

This was probably my fault actually. The reason I could log into the AmiStore before was no doubt because it was not registering the special character that I thought was in the password. Then, I trying to use that special character in Updater.

My fault.

George Orwell.
Go to top

Register To Post