Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
140 user(s) are online (81 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 140

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

StormC makefile to classic "gcc" make file conversion tools ?
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@All
Is anyone know if there were any automatic conversion tools to make from old StormC makefiles a pure GNU makefile, or a VBCC makefile ?

Just need to port to GCC and/or VBCC some old stuff which were written on StormC, and have StormC makefiles, so to avoid manually typing everything, etc

Join us to improve dopus5!
AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Re: StormC makefile to classic "gcc" make file conversion tools ?
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
I don't know, but I doubt anyone would have done it.

How big is the makefile. I know that it is typical that older makefiles used suffix rules vs modern pattern rules. But this was always gcc in my experience.

I think I recall a non gcc makefile with aztec also but they were simple.

If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.
George Orwell.
Go to top
Site Builder
Site Builder

See User information
I would recommend using Codebench to create the makefile, by importing the files in a project and configuring the makefile by its settings.

Follow me on
Ko-fi, Twitter, YouTube, Twitch
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Walkero
Codebench it's too "high level" when it comes to make normal makefiles. It's create unnecesasry stuff in. The only way to create normal makefiles is from scratch, as it always was.

As for my original question i maybe wasn't very clear on. I have old source code with old StormC makefile (already have). And i need that Makefile to convert to GNU makefile and / or to VBCC makefile.

Reasson i need to do that, is that i want to compile the same code not over stormc and it's old 2.95 gcc, but via recent 68k VBCC or latest 68k GCC , so it will spot more bugs and i at least can work as i works always : without any crappy IDE which slow things done, and hide the bugs under the hood :)

But it seems there wasn't such auto-conversion tools done, so i will just made it all manually. And probably the way to go for me is 68k VBCC, as it up2date always. Through code in question have some assembler and c mixed, so that will need some time to deal with.

Join us to improve dopus5!
AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top

Register To Post