Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
141 user(s) are online (98 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 141

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

AmigaOne Keyboard: Where is that character keymap
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Hello, struggling to find the BACKTICK character on my original keyboard when using British layout.

Must I switch to American everytime to do this?

- Can I modify the keyboard in some way whilst in British layout so that I can use the BACKTICK?

EDIT: Changed title to possibly be better for more common searches.

Edited by rjd324 on 2022/1/2 22:57:47
Go to top
Re: Backtick on AmigaOne X1000 Keyboard with British keymap
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@rjd324

Answering my own question.

To anyone else with the same question: Hold down LAmiga whilst pressing the top left key underneath ESC on the original X1000 keyboard!

Go to top
Re: Backtick on AmigaOne X1000 Keyboard with British keymap
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
For anyone who are looking for a way to enter certain character like rjd324 did here:

Have a look at the good old KeyShow program in your Utilities drawer, it can normally give you the answer, and even insert the character into your active window (if possible, e.g. an editor) when you click it.

One of the slightly overlooked gems in AmigaOS.

Best regards,

Niels

Go to top
Re: AmigaOne Keyboard: Where is that character keymap
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
@rjd324

Back-tick should be the top-left key under Esc - that's what's printed on the key. When I tested, it's Alt and that key for the back-tick.

I don't know what Commodore were thinking - I believe the British keyboard on all Amiga models have the back-tick on the top-left, but the keymap itself has the apostrophe there!

On the A600 and newer there are two blank keys they could have used to separate them out, and then corrected the keycaps.

Go to top

Register To Post