Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
126 user(s) are online (100 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 125

TheMagicSN, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

Odyssey 1.23r5 YouTube
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Hey all,

I use 1.23r5.

To get videos playing in YouTube I need to spoof as IPad 6.1 (I saw that off of some guide). The problem I have as that the video is quite choppy even at 360.

I have an X1000 using an R730 (Radeon 4XXX).

Trying to figure out if I am doing something wrong, or if it is the video card. Though, using my NAS I am play videos using my bought version of DvPlayer quite nicely (well, not 720p videos so much and not 1080p).

I have the latest Enhancer software and RadeonHD graphics driver (v3).

Any advice?

Thanks.

Edited by rjd324 on 2021/12/28 0:13:22
Go to top
Re: 1.23r5 YouTube
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@rjd324
You need to use 1.23r7:

http://kas1e.mikendezign.com/aos4/ody ... odyssey_1.23r5_beta07.lha

Exactly in r6 and r7 were added hardware-accelerated (by composting) media player. So if your card support compositing you will be fine with it.

But to have youtube plays now is a bit harder than before. That is what you need to do (after you install r7):

Be sure you install youtube scripts in your "scripts" menu of Odyssey, and one of them should be replaced by a newer one from there: https://morph.zone/downloads/YouTube_Fullscreen_Fix.zip.

And be sure in URLs you will be redirected to the mobile version of youtube. And then, once you will press on that rectangle at the bottom of the video it will call the accelerated player, and make a video window how on the video. That all pretty boring and non-user friendly, but at least you can make it works :)

Edited by kas1e on 2021/12/27 19:14:56
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Great. I will try this all out.

If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.
George Orwell.
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Okay, so I already have "1.23r5_beta07". I did not download it from your link above, but I then compared yours vs mine and there are no differences. I used a comparison tool. Of course, there were differences in bookmarks etc since yours is a clean install.

What I did not have were any enabled scripts. So, now I have:

- YouTube Fullscreen Fix (Your provided script)
- YouTube - EZ Download
- YoutTube HTML5 Converter

All of those are marked as enabled.

So, my current problems:

- If I just open "www.youtube.com" then I just get an unusable screen.
- If I firstly spoof as IPad 6.1 and then open "www,youtube.com" then I get a usable YouTube except that the video quality is still choppy. It is not that bad, but it is about 5-10 FPS. The audio is fine.

My Radeon drivers:
version RadeonHD.chip
RadeonHD
.chip 3.7

And the video card is the original one that came with the X1000s when they first came out. Basically a 4XXX / RV730.

Thanks for guiding me through this.

===UPDATE===

So I looked at George's video: AmigaOS 4.1 FE #3 - Using the Internet. So, it looks like you should not have to spoof anything. Problem is that when I explicitly enter "https://m.youtube.com" it always gets turned into the non mobile version, probably because it detects something in my setting that suggests it should use the desktop version.

I also see Emotion is possible to use for YouTube, so I can look into that also.

I get the feeling that spoofing to IPad 6.1 (which for me results in going to the mobile version) will do the same thing as what using m.youtube.com directly would do anyway.

Edited by rjd324 on 2021/12/27 23:51:27
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Okay, topic closed. Hopefully it will be useful for others in the same situation.

Basically, it all works fine now. I rebooted and it's running nicely.

Thanks for the help all!

If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.
George Orwell.
Go to top

Register To Post