Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
114 user(s) are online (57 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 114

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

CPUTemp.docky and the CPU usage graph (SOLVED)
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
With the new OS4 update, I've got the new CPUTemp.docky working in a dock, but noticed something odd about it.

The readme says the graph should use a darker color for "ignored" tasks. I've added dnetc to my icon tooltypes, but it doesn't seem to be showing it as a darker color. I do get on occasion a second usage percentage showing, just not the darker shading for the background usage.

Could I have done something wrong? Here are my tooltypes from the icon:

IGNORETASKS=CPUInfo.CPUTask|CPUClock.CPUTask|dnetc
TOP=175
LEFT=2000
STARTICONIFIED
SETENV
FAHRENHEIT

I removed all the disabled and/or comments entries.

My dnet client program name is dnetc, and is in SYS:dnetc/dnetc. I've tried it with the full path as well but it doesn't seem to make any difference.

Joerg? Any ideas?

Edited by dwolfman on 2007/7/19 23:51:26
Go to top
Re: CPUTemp.docky and the CPU usage graph
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@dwolfman

That's because you have only added the dnetc GUI task, which spends most of it's time sleeping and not using any CPU.

What you need to do is add the dnetc crunch task. To find out its name you can use either Ranger or Scout programs. In Ranger it's listed as a childtask of "dnetc" so should be easy enough to find.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@dwolfman

Quote:

dwolfman wrote:
With the new OS4 update, I've got the new CPUTemp.docky working in a dock, but noticed something odd about it.

The readme says the graph should use a darker color for "ignored" tasks. I've added dnetc to my icon tooltypes, but it doesn't seem to be showing it as a darker color. I do get on occasion a second usage percentage showing, just not the darker shading for the background usage.

Could I have done something wrong? Here are my tooltypes from the icon:

IGNORETASKS=CPUInfo.CPUTask|CPUClock.CPUTask|dnetc

Joerg? Any ideas?
I've never used dnetc, but it's probably using a different name for it's cruncher task. Search with a tool like Ranger, XOper, Scout, etc., which displays all tasks for a task with state ready and a very low task priority, probably < -100.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@joerg and salass00

I'll check again in Ranger. I noticed in Scout that it does not seem to show child tasks.

I've seen the dnetc crunch task show up in Scout before, and managed to make it show up last night, but only when I started dnetc from a shell. If I start it the normal way (the project icon in WBStartup), then only one process shows in Scout.

However, Ranger does show the crunch task, even when dnetc is started from the WBStartup project icon. I'll make sure of the name as it shows there and add that to the tooltype.

Thanks for the info. I think this will solve it, once I can give it a try.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@dwolfman

Use tasklist (on os4depot) to find the correct task name. I think it's something like "dnetc crunch #1"

Hans

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
It's indeed "dnetc crunch #1" (without the quotes) , it workd for me.

Sad that the TAU isn't functionnal on my G3/800

Edited by K-L on 2007/7/19 22:35:03
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Thanks for the help, everyone. Getting the name right did the trick.

It is indeed "dnetc crunch #1", as Ranger showed me.

Go to top

Register To Post