Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
155 user(s) are online (106 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 154

balaton, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

Unusual Activity Spike
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
This afternoon my web site experienced a rather extreme (when compared to normal levels) activity spike. On a site that usually looks longingly at the goal of 300 hits per day there was an activity spike of 965 hits in less than 15 minutes, all from the same IP address in Moscow, Idaho, USA. All of the hits involved my ?Walking the Bee Tree Trail? photo album. I am wondering what sort of problem could cause a user?s browser to repeatedly access the same information at a rate of more than a hit per second? I am not thinking of an inadvertent double-click here, because it lasted for more than 10 minutes. No wrist is THAT durable.

For those who are brave enough to want to know me better, visit
my Home Page, my Storefront, and blogsey
Go to top
Re: Unusual Activity Spike
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Billsey

Web archive maybe

(NutsAboutAmiga)

Basilisk II for AmigaOS4
AmigaInputAnywhere
Excalibur
and other tools and apps.
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@Billsey

Quote:

Billsey wrote:
This afternoon my web site experienced a rather extreme (when compared to normal levels) activity spike. On a site that usually looks longingly at the goal of 300 hits per day there was an activity spike of 965 hits in less than 15 minutes, all from the same IP address in Moscow, Idaho, USA. All of the hits involved my ?Walking the Bee Tree Trail? photo album. I am wondering what sort of problem could cause a user?s browser to repeatedly access the same information at a rate of more than a hit per second? I am not thinking of an inadvertent double-click here, because it lasted for more than 10 minutes. No wrist is THAT durable.

Spam-bots!! seeking new prey

This Puny World will bow down to
Professor Chaos
Prepare for the greatest Villan you have ever seen!!
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@AJS

We got into a tiny discussion of web site wierdness on the scribus mailing list the other day, so I mentioned it there, and one of the other particip[ants almost immediately replied, saying ?I hate spammers!?

Kind of makes me feel good that I quickly informed the ISP and my hosting company about it. So far, it hasn?t happened again.

For those who are brave enough to want to know me better, visit
my Home Page, my Storefront, and blogsey
Go to top

Register To Post