Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
115 user(s) are online (86 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 114

VooDoo, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 (2)
Re: Itec attempts to grab OS4 while Hyperion attempts to add them to lawsuit
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@goody

>Thanks for that glimmer. With all the knee-jerk bashing going on it is nice to see a well thought out response to this mayhem.

>There are far to many surprises to this whole thing to realy know at this point what has happened.

>Beyond making money we certainly do not know what the motives are behind the prime movers - how they intend to make that money.

>I do not uderstand the hatred for Amiga, inc at this time. There are simply to many unanswered questions popping up to truly blame anyone for anything at this point. Both Amiga, inc and Hyperion are what is holding up Amiga OS. Lets hope they can reach an agreement without a full blown expensive trial.

A month ago this was my hope also. Now I think the situation has gone past that. It has escalated, step by step. It looks to me like the 2 parties are now engaging a form of MAD (Mutual Assured Destruction); if I go down, I'm taking you with me. It is like watching 2 boxers slugging it out unmercifully. They are now into bloodying each other.

At this rate they will be unwilling to sit down and talk. Much too late for that now, IMHO.

There will be no winners. The court case will drag on (6 months at least) until exhaustion (lack of resources/money) sets in. Whoever wins (whatever that is) will find it a hollow victory. Amiga wins = no source code (sure they can fight it through the European courts for years). Hyperion win = bankruptcy (oh sure they can sue for legal costs, good luck).

Whoever wins will find it is so far in the future there no longer is a market, and 1/2 of the present Amigans leave.

The big losers are the developers who have worked so hard to produce AOS4, and others who have written software for AOS4. Of course the users lose, but not like the developers who've worked so hard for years.

With the new vicious blows that are happening, I think AOS4 is now truly dead. Oh, those of us that already have it will continue to use and enjoy it, but eventually the hardware will die.

I'm sorry, but that is my opinion.

Regards,
Don Feldbruegge

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@DonF

Quote:

DonF wrote:
@goody

With the new vicious blows that are happening, I think AOS4 is now truly dead. Oh, those of us that already have it will continue to use and enjoy it, but eventually the hardware will die.

Regards,
Don Feldbruegge

In the past 13 years I thought the Amiga was dead on numerous occasions.

It is a miracle that OS4 exists in any form today.

/me passes the popcorn to Don.

Care for some pancakes with that popcorn?

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@goody

Any maple syrup ?

Are we nearly there yet ?
Go to top

Register To Post
« 1 (2)