Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
101 user(s) are online (50 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 101

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 2 3 4 (5)
Re: Enhancer Software v1.1 installation observations & suggestions
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@xenic

Did you see anything on serial? Crashlog or anything, or was it just a hard freeze.

I've no idea if the author will be reading this but that's the kind of info he will need to determine what might be happening here...

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@broadblues
Quote:
Did you see anything on serial? Crashlog or anything, or was it just a hard freeze.

I've no idea if the author will be reading this but that's the kind of info he will need to determine what might be happening here...

It wasn't a hard freeze; just stalled in the user-startup. I have one of the original 800MHz SAM Flex systems that is unstable. I have to use the HyperClock program to change the clock to 733MHz to keep it from freezing or crashing all the time. I have a script that checks the clock speed on startup and opens HyperClock if it's not already set to 733MHz. I was calling the script from the user-startup; which works with the original SmartFilesystem but hangs with the Enhancer SmartFilesystem. I moved the script to WBStartup and now my system is booting with the Enhancer SmartFilesystem. Problem solved.

Amiga X1000 with 2GB memory & OS 4.1FE + Radeon HD 5450

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@ChrisH
Quote:
I like this suggestion! Go on AmigaKit, you know it's the right thing to do (whistles innocently).

My post was addressed to AmigaKit and they're apparently monitoring this topic. As you can see in my response to Andy, I've resolved my problem and will put my SAM back in the closet until we get an FE update and Enhancer update. Keeping multiple systems updated is a pain.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@nbache
Quote:

Original by nbache:

If you reinstalled from scratch on a clean formatted partition, how can any remaining problems have anything to do with wrong versions of OS components installed by Grunch?

No - I didn't install on "a clean formatted partition". I just reinstalled OS 3.9 and the official BoingBags without formatting my "System3.9:" to get all the ORIGINAL Libs and so back, that had been replaced with newer versions by Grunch.

Obviously I didn't want to loose all the other stuff in LIBS: and other system drawers, that other software installed there in addition to the system files.

I have lots of software in use that do not have their own LIBS: drawer or so in their PROGDIR: and did install such stuff in the corresponding system drawers instead. I think this is valid for most of the software installed on my system.

Formatting my "System3.9"-partition would mean to loose all that and then I would have to re-install all these programs, which is too time consuming for me.

Maybe I should add "a clean formatted partition" - e.g. named "Test System3.9" - and test new stuff with that in future...

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Dandy

Quote:
No - I didn't install on "a clean formatted partition". I just reinstalled OS 3.9 and the official BoingBags without formatting my "System3.9:" to get all the ORIGINAL Libs and so back, that had been replaced with newer versions by Grunch.

Obviously I didn't want to loose all the other stuff in LIBS: and other system drawers, that other software installed there in addition to the system files.
Okay, my misunderstanding.

But then maybe Grunch had overwritten some of those third-party libs etc. with older/incompatible versions? That would not have been fixed by applying the system installations.

Just a thought ...

Best regards,

Niels

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@nbache - #85:

Quote:

Original by nbache:

Okay, my misunderstanding.

No problem...

Quote:

Original by nbache:

But then maybe Grunch had overwritten some of those third-party libs etc. with older/incompatible versions? That would not have been fixed by applying the system installations.

Yeah - possibly this happened.

Will have to check that, as soon as I succeeded in persuading my Miggy to boot again. Currently it is suffering once more from contact problems in the socket between CSPPC and the A4k mobo.

In the worst case I will have to rip my towered A4kPPC apart, take the mobo out and replace the CPU board connector - and possibly its counterpart beneath the CSPPC as well...

Ciao,
Dandy
-----------------------------------------------------------
If someone enjoys marching to military music, then I already despise him.
He got his brain accidently - the bone marrow in his back would have been sufficient for him!
(...
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@amigakit
I just started testing ClipViewer and the "FRONTMOST" pubscreen option is really handy for multiple screen users like me. However, when you call an editor or viewer from ClipViewer they usually open on the WorkBench screen instead of the front screen. There is already a %u variable for pasting, so could you add another variable like %s so an editor or viewer can be opened on the same screen that ClipViewer is on. That way I could have something like this in the ClipViewer prefs:

TEXTVIEWER=APPDIR:Multiviewer PUBSCREEN %s

and have Multiviewer open on the same screen as ClipViewer is open on.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
When I save the Multiview prefs, it saves my Multiview window settings and ALT window settings for the screen it's currently opened on. As a result I have custom window settings for all my screens. Is there a way to save all the Window settings in Multiviewer and ClipViewer? The only thing that the window dropdown "Snapshot" menu item saves is the window size and not the ALT window size or seperate settings various screens.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
I did a quick test of the Enhancer Sound prefs and noticed something strange. If I place my mouse pointer over the left speaker image below the "Play a test sound" text gadget in the "Mode Settings" tab, the help box says "Front left speaker". If I click on that speaker gadget the sound is in my right speaker. Has anyone else noticed this??

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@xenic

I noticed this strange behaviour one hour ago. I can confirm it.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@xenic

I noticed that too and a few more oddities in sound preferences a couple of days ago, but did not report it as of yet.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
There is an ugly screen flash when you start Enhancer AmiPDF from a public screen other than WorkBench. It flashes to Workbench for a fraction of a second before opening on the front screen.

I have a filetype for PDF in Dopus4. It starts AmiPDF with the PUBSCREEN option when I double-click on a PDF file. When double-click on a PDF file, the Workbench screen flashes into view for a fraction of a second before AmiPDF opens on the Dopus4 screen. Really annoying.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@xenic

Curious, not seen that AmiPDF screen shufling, but I would usually start it from the workbench, even if opening on another screen, I shall to contrive a way to reproduce that on one of my systems.

[edit]
Ah with the new consoles screen jumping feature this is is easy to reproduce. Jump the console to YAM screen , start with

AmiPDF PUBSCREEN YAM

Workbench flashes to front.

Then YAM screen returns to front wi5h AmiPDF open on it.

That test was done on my SAM which currebtkly has AmiPDF 1.25 installed, so it looks like this is an origfinal AmiPDF feature, not an Aeon enhancement

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@broadblues
Quote:
That test was done on my SAM which currebtkly has AmiPDF 1.25 installed, so it looks like this is an origfinal AmiPDF feature, not an Aeon enhancement

Yes, I ran some tests and it also occurs with old AmiPDF 1.17 from OS4pre4. It's just a little less noticeable than with Enhancer AmiPDF. I can't measure it, but it seems Enhancer AmiPDF opens a fraction of a second slower (different fonts or altered features??) making the effect more noticeable on my system. Either way it would be nice to see it fixed for the next release.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@xenic

Quote:

Yes, I ran some tests and it also occurs with old AmiPDF 1.17 from OS4pre4. It's just a little less noticeable than with Enhancer AmiPDF. I can't measure it, but it seems Enhancer AmiPDF opens a fraction of a second slower (different fonts or altered features??)

AISS and other images I'd guess

Quote:

Either way it would be nice to see it fixed for the next release.

Seem like the DocViewer C++ class locks the default public screen early on, and the prefs / command line options are evaulated elsewhen (but later) inevitably the abstracted nature of the C++ class makes this harder to fix simply than it ought to be, grumble, grumble++

Go to top

Register To Post
« 1 2 3 4 (5)