Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
112 user(s) are online (69 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 112

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

Codebench unregistration
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Rigo

Simon, is it possible that the latest public version of Codebench (0.42) forgets to call UnregisterApplication() when it quits? AppManager shows that the registration still hangs in the system despite the program being no longer running.

The Rear Window blog

AmigaOne X5000 @ 2GHz / 4GB RAM / Radeon RX 560 / ESI Juli@ / AmigaOS 4.1 Final Edition
SAM440ep-flex @ 667MHz / 1GB RAM / Radeon 9250 / AmigaOS 4.1 Final Edition
Go to top
Re: Codebench unregistration
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information

Go to top
Supreme Council
Supreme Council

See User information
Yes, I suppose anything is possible. I'll check into it.

Simon

Comments made in any post are personal opinion, and are in no-way representative of any commercial entity unless specifically stated as such.
----
http://codebench.co.uk
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Rigo

Quote:
I'll check into it.

Thank you!

The Rear Window blog

AmigaOne X5000 @ 2GHz / 4GB RAM / Radeon RX 560 / ESI Juli@ / AmigaOS 4.1 Final Edition
Go to top
Supreme Council
Supreme Council

See User information
I've looked into this, and I cannot see a problem. Is it possible that you have something that is keeping the library open (Community Client, Autodoc Viewer etc)?

Due to the multi-threading nature with CodeBench, a process is launched to handle the user notifications. It is started by LibInit() and terminated in LibExpunge(). This is why it appears that CodeBench is still registered.

Flush the library, and the registration should disappear.

Simon

Comments made in any post are personal opinion, and are in no-way representative of any commercial entity unless specifically stated as such.
----
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Rigo

Quote:
Is it possible that you have something that is keeping the library open (Community Client, Autodoc Viewer etc)?

No, I'm not running anything like that. I just start Codebench (no project) and then I quit the program immediately - the registration still holds.

Quote:
Due to the multi-threading nature with CodeBench, a process is launched to handle the user notifications. It is started by LibInit() and terminated in LibExpunge().

Looks like this is it: when I run Scout it says that the process "CodeBench NotifyA process" is still running. I'm just wondering why because as I say, the community client setting is off and I don't run anything that would justify keeping the program registration open.

The Rear Window blog

Go to top
Supreme Council
Supreme Council

See User information
What does Scout tell you the "Open count" is?

If it is ZERO, then the library /should/ auto-expunge to avoid such problems. That said, I am testing with the latest beta, of which many changes have happened since 0.42, so it's likely that things have changed.

Simon

----
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Rigo@Trixie

I confirm me too that even after have quitted CodeBench, with SysMon I see :

-a NotifyA Process is still active
-the CodeBench Application is not removed
-codebench.library 53.32 is opened with a call count of 1