Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
143 user(s) are online (116 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 142

amigait, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

Need help with Internet connectivity problem - SAM460ex
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
I need help refreshing my memory on how to set up a new Internet connection. I had to replaced my old router by a new one and I have lost Internet connectivity.

Could anyone please guide me through the steps necessary to create a new connection? I'm using an ethernet cable connected directly to the router. I deleted the old interface to avoid conflicts; not sure if this was necessary.

So what I need is the step by step instructions to create a new Internet connection. I believe I should start in System: Prefs: but I don't remember all steps.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Edited by AmigOS on 2012/10/31 4:27:08
Go to top
Re: Need help with Internet connectivity problem - SAM460ex
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
Prefs:Internet

Choose New

Name you connection

Select Sam440_eth.device (port 0 or 1 depending where your network cable is attached)

Choose DHCP

Save

That's all

--
AmigaONE X1000 and Radeon RX 560
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
Normally I wouldn't expect that replacing your router would make it necessary to set up a new NetInterface (as long as we are talking about more or less common commercial models).

But there have been reports that RoadShow is not always equally compatible with the DHCP negotiation of different routers.

So it might be a solution, if you still have problems, to switch from DHCP to a static IP address in Internet prefs/Interfaces/Edit, and then reserve that address in your router.

Best regards,

Niels

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Thank you all. I got my Internet connection working again.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
Looks like you had originally set-up a static IP address (which assumed particular router settings), and so changing your router stopped that static IP address from working.

Presumably DHCP didn't work with your previous router (for some reason), but it does with your new router.

Author of the PortablE programming language.
Go to top

Register To Post