Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
152 user(s) are online (133 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 151

amigait, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

WBStartup
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
- Can someone remind me for which OS4 version the WBStartup drawer was replaced with the new scheme?
- It was possible with the old method to put in say an icon of some text produces with an editor or word processor (or of a file produces with some other application)
Referring to such file with the WBStartup preferences editor does not work anymore it seems.
Is this correct, or is there some way to do it ?

Go to top
Re: WBStartup
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
It *does* work - I'm starting scripts via WBStartup-Prefs since ages and it still works without problems. Nevertheless you can go back to the old way of starting things, but I must admit I never had to roll back to the old method - so I don't no how to do that exactly. I'm not in front of my OS4 machines, so I can't look up the icon switches you need to set for WBStartup-Prefs handling of scripts atm...

X1000|II/G4|440ep|2000/060|2000/040|1000
Go to top
Supreme Council
Supreme Council

See User information
The icom must be of "Project" type, and list the parent application as the default tool. From there on, it should work just fine started from WBStartup.

Simon

Comments made in any post are personal opinion, and are in no-way representative of any commercial entity unless specifically stated as such.
----
http://codebench.co.uk
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
Quote:

The icom must be of "Project" type, and list the parent application as the default tool.

Worth noting that for a script the default tool must be Execute and start from shell must be set in the icon, and the S protection must be bit.

Also you must save the script somewhere permanent, ie not RAM: as a copy will not be moved the the WBStartup drawer anymore.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
...or default tool IconX and start from "Workbench"...

X1000|II/G4|440ep|2000/060|2000/040|1000
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
Quote:

Worth noting that for a script the default tool must be Execute and start from shell must be set in the icon, and the S protection must be bit.

Woops sorry that's wrong. It works for scripts clicked on in the workbench but not for WBSatrtup

In WBStartup you need to make the default tool the script itself.

Or make the icon a tool icon and set start from shell.

Don't forget to deselect the WAIT option.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information

@al: thanksl
It works indeed.

I got mixed up: i had a problem with the identification of the 'loader' as standard tool for a Gui4Cli scropt (this loader iscalled "gui", just as the WB gui prefs program, so i had to use the full path & then it works)

Before getting there however i tested with an editor & had problems there too and had a problem here too:

- For a BareEd generated text file "ToDo" ( with Project Icon & Standard tool pointing to BareEd's full path ) BareEd will appear with the file loaded. However i get an error message telling me "that the program ToDo has not reported itself yet", and "if i want to wait some more "
I can get rid of that by chosing cancel, if i chose "wait a bit more", the message reappears.

- I had the same problem with other editors (Notepad)

Am i the only one to experience this ?

-

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
Quote:

- For a BareEd generated text file "ToDo" ( with Project Icon & Standard tool pointing to BareEd's full path ) BareEd will appear with the file loaded. However i get an error message telling me "that the program ToDo has not reported itself yet", and "if i want to wait some more "
I can get rid of that by chosing cancel, if i chose "wait a bit more", the message reappears.

- I had the same problem with other editors (Notepad)

Am i the only one to experience this ?

This is still in WBStartup?

If so go to WBstartup prefs, slect the appropriate entry and click on the information button.

Select the icon TAB and you'll see the WAIT button tick with the time to wait next to it.

Deselect that.

Alternatively open the icon information from the Workbench as normal and add the tooltype DONOTWAIT

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@broadblues
Quote:
If so go to WBstartup prefs, slect the appropriate entry and click on the information button.

Select the icon TAB and you'll see the WAIT button tick with the time to wait next to it.

I did not see that wait tick but then just added the DONOTWAIT line to tooltypes. All OK now. Thanks

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
Quote:
JosDuchIt wrote:
@broadblues
Quote:

I did not see that wait tick but then just added the DONOTWAIT line to tooltypes. All OK now. Thanks
If you didn't see the tick, you probably didn't view the icon information from within WBStartup prefs, but directly from Workbench. There's some special magic being performed to convert the DONOTWAIT tooltype into a checkbox with the reverse meaning. This magic is only present when info is called from WBStartup prefs (or from a drawer named WBStartup ).

Best regards,

Niels

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@nbache
Quote:
If you didn't see the tick, you probably didn't view the icon information from within WBStartup prefs, but directly from Workbench.

I have to confess i did not use the workbench icon directly:
I did not recognize the tick "wachten tot gereed" however as the one you meant. Some visual defect i guess. The machine is getting old.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
Quote:

JosDuchIt wrote:

I did not recognize the tick "wachten tot gereed" however as the one you meant. Some visual defect i guess. The machine is getting old.
You mean the one 40 cm away from the screen? Yeah, I know the feeling

Best regards,

Niels

Go to top

Register To Post