Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
151 user(s) are online (115 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 151

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

ANT meeting
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Just wanted to post to say thanks to the ANT members and also to Steve Jones for the display of his AmigaOne X1000 yesterday (Sunday 11th December) and the chance to have a play with it.

To all the doubters, this is a very responsive, fast bit of quality hardware and OS. It fairly flew. Steve had three video's running at once with sound on all three. No glitching or stuttering at all and other apps running at the same time, even though the vids were all running off the CPU, as the drivers are not yet ready. Very nice.

Can't wait until I can afford one.

Go to top
Re: ANT meeting
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
Nice to hear. Hope to see some pictures and maybe some movies from the meeting. How was the meeting? Did many come?

X5000
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Here are a couple of videos of my demonstration, I have cropped a couple of minutes from the beginning and a minute at the end during the CD32 demo.

The first one is an introduction to me and general chat, the second straight into a brief demo of X1000. Please note I forgot to show MuiOWB while filming DOH!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PRIPtVOUbiY
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CXEd50DUns0

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Antique

There's a bit more info on the same thread here

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
The presentation was well done, although Stephen Jones did take a little while before he actually started talking about the X1000 !!! There weren't any crashes during presentation, and at one point he had three videos playing simultaneously without any noticable speed loss

Author of the PortablE programming language.
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
I went along to this demonstration, Steve Jones is a truly enthusiastic individual!!
The demonstration showed what the x1000 can do without breaking a sweat, and it was good

As good as all the stuff we saw was, what kept ringing in my head was, this isnt even optimised yet! And theres another core to enable yet too

I really hope Trevor et al dont lose interest in this platform and push onwards until the user base can really start to grow. With programs such as RunInUAE (a killer app in my eyes, should be installed by default on OS4) and the upcoming Timberwolf browser, the next gen Amiga platform is really looking good.

I vote for Steve to do the PR!

Go to top

Register To Post