Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
215 user(s) are online (129 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 214

pvanni, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

Reminder posted at old Amigans site
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
I figured I wanted to try saving some people from getting caught in the "limbo" over at amigans.net, so I decided to post a message alerting them to the new site and its URL. Apparently the news item about the new site is not enough to avoid the problem altogether. At least my message is (currently) at the top of the front page.

Hope it's okay, otherwise feel free to remove it again.

(P.S. I had planned to write the above as a reply in the thread "amigans.net should be same as www.amigans.net", but apparently that has been locked in the meantime.)

Best regards,

Niels

Go to top
Re: Reminder posted at old Amigans site
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
Yes, the old one should have another name like amigans-old.net or something. So people won't post on wrong site.

And nice that you wrote that on the old site.

X5000
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
amigans.net now point on some page, which .. which forced users to think what site he should to use. And more of it, www.amigans.net called as : css and js heavy. Not something like "www.amigans.net - the current site, plz use only this", but like "www.amigans.net are heavy, but temprorary one are not !" :)) Sorry that i write this, i was in hope that it will not bother me anymore, but well .. why just not describe everything normally ?:) (post can be deleted of course:) )

Join us to improve dopus5!
AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
Something strange is going on, because "temp.amigans.net" is no-longer a direct link to the temporary site

@nbache
I had previously posted such a notice (same day in fact) but it seems that was already removed for whatever reasons. Moderators move in mysterious ways, and this is most certainly very mysterious!

Author of the PortablE programming language.
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Looks like amigans.net is being taken down? There is only the top banner and a bit of blurb there.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
I'm with Roman,

just put a simple note saying 'hey, this is the OLD TEMP site' and ' this is the NEW ACTIVE site'..

mancave-ramblings

Go to top

Register To Post