Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
158 user(s) are online (125 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 156

Yodaphone, MickJT, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

Internet connection lost on my A1
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
I asked for this on AW.net and It worked for three weeks aproximately but when is lost I can't recover it.

Here are the two threads open on Amiga World:

http://amigaworld.net/modules/newbb/v ... =20&viewmode=flat&order=0

http://amigaworld.net/modules/newbb/v ... opic_id=28649&forum=32&19

I spent yesterday more than 10 hours trying to make tricks to connect my Amiga One via a laptop's wireless net connection via a crossed ethernet cable.Selected modem/telephone on the Setup Wizard that comes with OS4.1 and no luck.
With LAN and Ethernet connections nothing happens too even if I changed the Internet prefs later to suit the needs of my machine.I think on the PC side I did a lot of changes to make it work after seeing that with the option "Allow other users to connect to internet with this connection" wasn't enough to make it happen.

What can I do now?

Can I use a crossed net cable to link the connection between the laptop and my Amiga One as I did before?

Is a good solution to buy a wireless router or a wireless PCI card as the one they hold on the AmigaKit shop?

Thanks in advance I need your help.

Amiga 500 1MB Chip RAM with ACA 500+ACA1232,CD32,Amiga 1300 030/50 Mhz,32MB (now on my hands at least)and Amiga One G3 XE PPC 800 Mhz,ATI Radeon 9250 128 MB,256 MB RAM,Seagate 200 GB HD,2 working DVD drives,X-Arcade double for MAME,Sil0680,4 USB ports,LG
Go to top
Re: Internet connection lost on my A1
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@MamePPCA1

I haven't read the other forum you linked to,but since you're trying to connect through the pc i assume there are no ethernet ports available for you? I'd recomend buying a wireless router which has ethernet ports on back.
I got one not many days ago. So now i can connect 4 cables and have a wireless that i think i'll try to set up for the ps3.

Hope i got the question right here.,

X5000
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@MamePPCA1

If your laptop is already connecting via wireless, you must have a wireless router or switch or something sending out the WiFi signal it connects to. If that one also has some ethernet ports, can't you just connect the A1 to one of those? Or, if the wireless Lan you connect to uses WEP encryption (or none), you could buy the wireless PCI solution from AmigaKit and let the A1 connect wirelessly to the same WLan.

Both of these solutions also have the advantage that you won't need to turn on the PC (count your blessings ).

Best regards,

Niels

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Antique

Yes I have some ethernet ports one on my portable and on my Amiga One both connected with a crossed ethernet cable.On the Amiga port it shows lights one green and sometimes other light orange..In reality when I enable the net connection I created on the Amiga One it says on a window that it's configured on the direction I entered,the problem comes when I enter Ibrowse and go to a page it says "DNS adresss can't be found by the server",this transleted from Spanish.

What are the advantages and differences between a wireless router and wireless PCI card?

Is it easy to set up one of this things on my Amiga?

Note that have an USB 3G modem called Huawei E169 wireless too and every time I connect it gets a new ramdom IP adress.

Amiga 500 1MB Chip RAM with ACA 500+ACA1232,CD32,Amiga 1300 030/50 Mhz,32MB (now on my hands at least)and Amiga One G3 XE PPC 800 Mhz,ATI Radeon 9250 128 MB,256 MB RAM,Seagate 200 GB HD,2 working DVD drives,X-Arcade double for MAME,Sil0680,4 USB ports,LG
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@nbache

Yes,in fact I have the Amiga connected to the portable via these ethernet ports.

I have a wireless connection configured on the portable called
"Amiga One" and I don't know if it has WEP encription or not.

What is a WLan?

Are you sure my 3G USB modem Huawei E169 must work with the AmigaKit's wireless PCI card?

What's best a PCI card or a router when we are talking about wireless connections?

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@MamePPCA1

No idea about wireless cards on amiga. I don't trust wireless
Just use a normal ethernet cable? Not sure about crossed or no crossed cable. I just use the on that came with the modem. How have you set up the connection on the amiga? I just set up dhcp and it works everytime. Even if i take the amiga to my parents. Just fire up and the net is found.

X5000
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Antique

I had set up my connection on my Amiga One about three weeks ago and it worked fine with DHCP enabled and without any IP adress entered on the same part on the Internet prefs.

Now I think I have the connection set up with a an IP adress borrowed from the portable everytime I connect and DHCP is disabled because if I enable it then says that the 0.0.0.0 IP adress sent form the server is duplicated even if I entered other different adress on the first paragraph of prefs/Internet.

I am thinking about to ask for the wireless PCI card on AmigaKit.com but I am not sure if this will work with my modem that is a wireless HUAWEI E169 3G USB one.

Any ideas on how to pick up my net connection again?

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@MamePPCA1

I will ask AmigaKit.com for a possible solution for my Amiga One probably this evening.

Anyway if someone can point me to a solution or even some ideas on how to setup a shared network I will be grateful,because I am more than 3 weeks without connection on my Amiga One.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@MamePPCA1

I will ask AmigaKit.com for a possible solution for my Amiga One probably this evening.

Anyway if someone can point me to a solution or even some ideas on how to setup a shared network on Windows Vista I will be grateful,because I am more than 3 weeks without connection on my Amiga One.

EDIT:Sorry for the double post but first time a message says me that I can't post,so I posted again and this time I passed succesfully and it apeared twice on the thread accidentally.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@MamePPCA1

Not much help i can give on this problem. BUt try removing all of the other computers and connect only your A1 to the net. To see if anything is messing it up. Are you using a router or connecting directly to the modem? I have set up one sam and one pc to the modem i have, It's a thomson wireless with 4 ethernet ports. Worked instantly here. Next thing is to try to use the wireless for the ps3. WLAN is afaik wireless local area network.

X5000
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Antique

I only have 2 computers linked with an ethernet cable.

I have a modem attached to the portable.

What type of connection is prefered to make on the PC?

On AmigaKit they asked that the wireless PCI card doesn't suits my needs so I can't use it.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@MamePPCA1

"I only have 2 computers linked with an ethernet cable."

is this ethernet cable a crossed type?

If i got it right .... you have a portable with embedded wireless and your Amiga.

The 2 things are connected via an ethernet cable .... right?

Can you ping the 2 computers in both direction at least?

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@MamePPCA1

Sorry, I forgot to check back on this thread.

Quote:

MamePPCA1 wrote:
@nbache

[...]

What is a WLan?

A Wireless Local Area Network.

Quote:

Are you sure my 3G USB modem Huawei E169 must work with the AmigaKit's wireless PCI card?

No, it probably won't (which it seems AmigaKit later confirmed).

I thought we were talking about a wireless LAN of the IEEE 802.11g/b type. I have no clue whatsoever about those 3G dongle thingies. Sorry.[/quote]

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Framiga

Quote:

Framiga wrote:
@MamePPCA1

"I only have 2 computers linked with an ethernet cable."

is this ethernet cable a crossed type?

If i got it right .... you have a portable with embedded wireless and your Amiga.

The 2 things are connected via an ethernet cable .... right?

Can you ping the 2 computers in both direction at least?

Yes is a crossed cable connecting the machines.

I don't know about embedded wireless,but wireless it is.

How can I ping the Notebook and the Amiga One?

Ah and forgot to say that when I configured my network on the Amiga side and tried Netmon program it marks the connection as Active but no network at all...

Go to top

Register To Post