Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
154 user(s) are online (113 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 153

joerg, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

Mplayer versions and .flv files (SOLVED)
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
I am currently using MPlayer experimental version #3 dated 24/8/06, in conjunction with MPlayer-GUI v1.42.

It works very well, and I can download and play youtube .flv files etc, and I am quite happy with it.

Browsing on here, I fould someone (jahc) had the Epiphany version installed. I had not heard of this so I went searching and found the MPlayer home page, there are a lot of download links, but not a lot of info about which version does what, and what hardware they are more compatible with (A1XE/A1SE/micro or classic).

I have an A1XE-G3 800mhz unfixed, and wondered which version I should be using with my hardware.

Also as an aside, I currently drag and drop the files I want to watch on to the MPayer-GUI window to watch them.
Can somebody let mw know how to change def icons to automatically launch for example a .flv file into MPlayer when I doulble click on it (the file).

Thanks for any help

Edit:- spelling (fingers too clumsy for keyboard)

Edited by Swoop on 2007/8/16 3:00:41
Edited by Swoop on 2007/8/16 3:01:52
Go to top
Re: Mplayer versions
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@afxgroup

Thanks for that, I had found the download page but di not look around.

Anyway, any hints on the def-icons settings?

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Swoop

Go into Prefs catalog. Start deficons. Slide down to movies on the left,add,type flv. window on the right. Add Pattern. #?.flv. Double click on the flv in the left window and go to the icon and enter the place for the mplayer. i set the stack to 6mb,not sure if you have to but.
Hope this helps,else ask more.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Antique

Quote:
Go into Prefs catalog. Start deficons. Slide down to movies on the left,add,type flv. window on the right. Add Pattern. #?.flv.

That works fine, but the following doesn't do anything.
Quote:
Double click on the flv in the left window

which means I cannot do the following,
Quote:
and go to the icon and enter the place for the mplayer. i set the stack to 6mb,not sure if you have to but.

Do I need to create an icon myself in env-archive/sys, and then make the changes you state?

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@Swoop

After highlighting your new addition on the left side, select the menu option "Icon/Information..."

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@PEB

Quote:
After highlighting your new addition on the left side, select the menu option "Icon/Information..."

Doesn't work without creating a def icon first.
Which I have now done, so I will go and test it out.

Thanks.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Antique & PEB

Quote:
Go into Prefs catalog. Start deficons. Slide down to movies on the left,add,type flv. window on the right. Add Pattern. #?.flv. Double click on the flv in the left window and go to the icon and enter the place for the mplayer. i set the stack to 6mb,not sure if you have to but.

OK. I had to set up a def_flv icon by hand before the double click on the flv in the left window, or the menu item Icon/information works.

On testing If I Double click on an flv file, it still does not automatically play them. None of my .flv files have icons but if I view all files by icon, the def_icon is used and if I use Icon/Information the default tool sys:C/MPlayer is shown with a stack of 655360.

I am obviously doing something wrong, either of you have any ideas what?

Oh! I have just tested that all the .flv files I have play in MPlayer when Drag & Drop on the MPlayerGUI playlist tab.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Swoop

In Icon/Information there is an option to select workbench or shell tri that, because I don?t think mplayer is workbench program.

(NutsAboutAmiga)

Basilisk II for AmigaOS4
AmigaInputAnywhere
Excalibur
and other tools and apps.
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@LiveForIt

Quote:
In Icon/Information there is an option to select workbench or shell tri that, because I don't think mplayer is workbench program.
I have changed that and get the execute requester, rather than the flv file playing. If I select to execute I get the followng message:-
Quote:
OS4:C/mplayer -slave -vo cgx_vmem::ALWAYSBORDER: Unknown command.
The"OS4:C/mplayer -slave -vo cgx_vmem::ALWAYSBORDER" part is what I have in the def_icon, and I got the "-slave -vo cgx_vmem::ALWAYSBORDER" part from the print command line option in the MPlayerGUI.

MPlayer is definetly in C: so I must have the flags wrong, or in the wrong place. Maybe as a tooltype?

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Swoop

Quote:

Swoop wrote:
@LiveForIt

Quote:
In Icon/Information there is an option to select workbench or shell tri that, because I don't think mplayer is workbench program.
I have changed that and get the execute requester, rather than the flv file playing. If I select to execute I get the followng message:-
Quote:
OS4:C/mplayer -slave -vo cgx_vmem::ALWAYSBORDER: Unknown command.
The"OS4:C/mplayer -slave -vo cgx_vmem::ALWAYSBORDER" part is what I have in the def_icon, and I got the "-slave -vo cgx_vmem::ALWAYSBORDER" part from the print command line option in the MPlayerGUI.

MPlayer is definetly in C: so I must have the flags wrong, or in the wrong place. Maybe as a tooltype?
That way it's searching for a program named "mplayer -slave -vo cgx_vmem::ALWAYSBORDER" in OS4:C. You can only set the path and name of the tool, but you can't add arguments (at least not that way, there might be another method I don't know).

Create a shell script, for example S:Shell/MPlayer_DefIcon, with the contents
.key filename/A
.bra {
.ket }
stack 1048576 ; no idea if it really needs a MB stack, but the default is too small
OS4:C/mplayer -slave -vo cgx_vmem::ALWAYSBORDER {filename}

Set the script protection bit, for example with "protect S:Shell/MPlayer_DefIcon +s" in a shell, change the default tool of def_flv to S:Shell/MPlayer_DefIcon, make sure "Startup from:" is set to "Shell" and disable "Prompt for input".

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@Swoop

You could use RunIcon (from OS4 Depot).

And then add a tooltype that is something like:
RUN=c:MPlayer/mplayer -mc 0 "%s"

You can add this to the DefIcon information; the only problem is that it will only work once you save an icon to the flv file.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@joerg

Quote:
Create a shell script, for example S:Shell/MPlayer_DefIcon, with the contents
.key filename/A
.bra {
.ket }
stack 1048576 ; no idea if it really needs a MB stack, but the default is too small
OS4:C/mplayer -slave -vo cgx_vmem::ALWAYSBORDER {filename}

Set the script protection bit, for example with "protect S:Shell/MPlayer_DefIcon +s" in a shell, change the default tool of def_flv to S:Shell/MPlayer_DefIcon, make sure "Startup from:" is set to "Shell" and disable "Prompt for input".
Oh!! Gawd, scripting is something I have managed to keep away from, ever since I first had an Amiga (1988). It worries me should I say, and I'm nto getting any younger. (See I can really waffle when faced with the unknown).

I will give it a try, although I was hoping for a workbench solution. In to the unknown..............

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@PEB

Quote:
You could use RunIcon (from OS4 Depot).

And then add a tooltype that is something like:
RUN=c:MPlayer/mplayer -mc 0 "%s"

You can add this to the DefIcon information; the only problem is that it will only work once you save an icon to the flv file.
I have never used that, but I will bear it in mind.
When I use 'play & save' from IBrowse, the .flv files are saved without icons, and it would be a pain to snapshot every file to add icon, assuming OS4 would use the correct default tool instead of multiview as it does in some case at the moment.

Anyway, thanks for that I'll give it a try.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@all

OK, I have managed to get .flv files playing by double clicking, and I had to do the following:-

[quote]1. Go into Prefs/deficons.
Scrolled down to movies in the left-hand, & added type flv.
In the window on the right, I added Pattern. #?.flv.

2. Go into SYS:Prefs/Env-Archive/Sys.
Duplicated the def_fli icon amd re-named to def_flv.

3. Went into Icon/Information on the new def_flv file and changed the default tool, on the Icon tab, to Work2:Movie/mplayer/MPlayer-GUI (my location of MPlayerGUI).
Set the stacksize to 655360, but I am not sure of the size required.
I then selected start from workbench. If this is not set you get the Execute file requester. Also if you don't select this MPlayerGUi shows the file name in the correct feild on the file tab but doesn't start playing it.[/quote

Then if I double click on a .flv file it plays according to whatever settings I have in the MPlayerGUI. I need to play with these a biit as at the moment the MPlayerGUI is left displayed once the file is played, but that is better than not playing at all.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Swoop

The Epiphany version is here:
http://www.amigasoft.net/pages/mplayer/mplayer.asp

Philippe 'Elwood' FERRUCCI
Sam460ex 1.10 Ghz
http://elwoodb.free.fr
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@Swoop

Quote:
When I use 'play & save' from IBrowse, the .flv files are saved without icons, and it would be a pain to snapshot every file to add icon

With the newest runicon (just released today), this is no longer an issue.

Go to top

Register To Post