Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
193 user(s) are online (116 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 192

skynet, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

Reaction listbrowser question
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
I'm wondering if it's possible to make the slider on the right any wider? Or can it only be one size? If it is possible to set the thickness of it, please help me with detailed explenation.

X5000
Go to top
Re: Reaction listbrowser question
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
I'm away from my Sam at the moment, but I don't remember any per-application setting of the slider width in the listbrowser gadget.

The Rear Window blog

AmigaOne X5000 @ 2GHz / 4GB RAM / Radeon RX 560 / ESI Juli@ / AmigaOS 4.1 Final Edition
SAM440ep-flex @ 667MHz / 1GB RAM / Radeon 9250 / AmigaOS 4.1 Final Edition
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
I spent time with the listbrowser but i never found anything to change the slider. The scroller Gadget (i think listbrowser use it?) also have nothing to change this.

The slider width should be defined with the GUI Settings of the OS (in GUI prefs you find it) but this will Change the width in the whole System...

In my opinion this is the right way, the System (gui) defines the layout parts which any Software should use for a consitent seamless GUI.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
I am sure that LISTVIEW has adjustable width of the slider, but don't know how it is with the LISTBROWSER.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
The gui settings only seem to have very limited changes to the width. Does the same apply for the texteditor(not infront of my machine now, so taking this from memory) or can one choose width for this? I need quite much more width than the system can give me.

X5000
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
I have a really hard time imagining what the purpose would be of having an extremely wide scrollbar, but if you can explain your idea, maybe someone can come up with an alternative way of realizing it.

Best regards,

Niels

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
I'm having a hard time scrolling up and down using my fingers with my lilliput touch screen. Only other option i see is making my own up and down buttons to scroll up and down the listbrowser. But i really want to use the free space for other things.

X5000
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
Aha, I see.

Don't you have a keyboard, so you could use the up/down cursor keys etc?

Best regards,

Niels

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
No, no keyboard for this. Thats why i need those bigger.

X5000
Go to top
Supreme Council
Supreme Council

See User information
You need to think outside the box. If you're using a touch interface, then you should be able to "wipe" the screen in front of the gadget in the direction you want it to move, much like a smart phone does these days. It will mean cooking up your own input handler to get events and process them, but the OS is not designed for touch interacing, so anything in that direction is going to be custom made.

Simon

Comments made in any post are personal opinion, and are in no-way representative of any commercial entity unless specifically stated as such.
----
http://codebench.co.uk
Go to top

Register To Post