Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
221 user(s) are online (140 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 220

Firetail, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

AmiTHEME
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Hi All,

a french (speaking) author Tony Canazza, develop a website concerning Amiga OS 4 skins & Themes.
He have already created 18 wonderful themes.
You can download them freely from his website :
http://amitheme.amiga-ng.org/

Here are some shots of these skins :
Resized Image
Resized ImageResized Image

Enjoy :p
Feel free to send the author your opinion concerning these themes :)

PS : The website is in french but it's not hard to navigate it... Click on "Themes" on top and you'll be directly in the themes Download page :)

All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us.
Go to top
Re: AmiTHEME
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@freddix

Very nice themes, thanks for the news

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
nice themes but the don't use the suggested "install" method unfortunately. i cannot just copy them to presets and use them by will.
the included installer installes them hard (envarc: instead of env: - even sys:prefs/env-archive...).

byebye...

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
That's sad, I use 1680*1050 as standard resolution, but mine isn't supported on that themes

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@MichaelMerkel

So you don't really know how to use AmiTheme. A simple double click on "D?sinstaller" (Uninstall) and you are back to your original theme.

The way Sinsirus implemented the installation of his themes is far easier than any other ways.

Of course, it's in French for the moment. I prefer seeing Sinisrus going on working on his themes than messing up with an English version of the site... for the moment.

Regarding the installation of Themes, just install them all and then use the icone named AmiTheme to navigate beetwen them and chose the one you want to use.

If you don't like any of them, then click, as I said, on "D?sinstaller" and everything is back as before.

Edited by K-L on 2009/9/26 9:20:07
--
AmigaONE X1000 and Radeon RX 560
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@K-L
Like K-L said, installation/uninstall is correctly handled ... but for sure, it's french so you can't know that d?sinstaller mean uninstall ;)

All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us.
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@K-L

Quote:

K-L wrote:
@MichaelMerkel

So you don't really know how to use AmiTheme. A simple double click on "D?sinstaller" (Uninstall) and you are back to your original theme.

believe me - i know that
but i expecetd the installer to just move the theme to sys:prefs/presets *only*. like all other themes do (of course just copying manually would be easier).
themes should have a "use" script and a "install" script. i think this was also once decribed by the author if the skinning system. just have a look at the various existing themes in os4depot.
i changed the install script and the installed script to do what i expect.
i then don't have new requester icons - but i don't care about them. the window graphics are working fine and they look nice.

byebye...

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@freddix

Thanks, some very nice themes there. Well done to the author, I really like some of the unique gadgets.

ace

Go to top

Register To Post