Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
86 user(s) are online (46 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 86

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 ... 6 7 8 (9) 10 11 12 ... 40 »
Re: Beta testing
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Chris

The make issue you are experiencing seems to stem from the fact, that QTDIR has not been defined. What are you trying to build? Maybe you can add something to mkspecs/amigaosnative-g++/qmake.conf to make it work. Thanks for the report.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@kas1e & Chris

About the stupid .svn files:
Thanks for the tips. I have to use tar, because lha F* up with large files (sometimes). I am not cross compiling anymore, so I would have to use some native find tool. Problem is, if I just type "find" in a shell, it will not ignite the gnu find util but rather amigaos4 find utility, which doesn't work the same way. Anyways, I will look into it for the next release.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
Quote:

alfkil wrote:
Problem is, if I just type "find" in a shell, it will not ignite the gnu find util but rather amigaos4 find utility, which doesn't work the same way. Anyways, I will look into it for the next release.
Just invoke the right find with its full path, e.g. SDK:local/C/find (or wherever you have it).

Best regards,

Niels

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@niels

Hehe, yes :)

Go to top
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
@alfkil

Quote:
Awesome! :) Now we can load web pages with .iff files, muahaha! 8-D

Actually, I don't think you can. I tried with WebP and my DataType (test page here: http://www.unsatisfactorysoftware.co.uk/netsurf/webptest/) and it doesn't load them. Whatever stops it using my plugin for JPEGs etc also stops it working for other formats. I think QtWebKit is expecting an ability it doesn't have. DataTypes work fine with everything else though.

Note my Installer creates a blacklist file when run, if you plan to add the plugin to the Qt package then the install script needs to have that added too.

If you've released 0.9.0 then I'll upload it separately for now.

Quote:
The make issue you are experiencing seems to stem from the fact, that QTDIR has not been defined. What are you trying to build? Maybe you can add something to mkspecs/amigaosnative-g++/qmake.conf to make it work. Thanks for the report

It was Extreme Image Converter. The archive link I posted has the source code in it (with the manually hacked makefile, but qmake will recreate the broken one for you)

Go to top
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
@alfkil

I keep forgetting to mention, the Qt Demo Browser has a tendency to overwrite the bottom window border. I suspect other Qt software does this too although I've not noticed yet.

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
There was a qt.dummy.txt file in an upload section (OS4Depot). A readme file pointed me to the latest Qt 0.9.0. Installed it and had some crashes here and there. Probably because of not enough stack size. Everything works much better if runs through qtdemo but there is one problem. I cant use polish special characters. No matter what I set in QtPrefs (default or ISO8859-2) wrong chars appear. 0.8.6 was OK. There is a small bug in QtPrefs too. If I change font size, lets say to 15 pts after saving and reopening QtPrefs it shows '1' not '15'.

CD32/A500/A600/A600+Furia/A1200/A4000D+A2320+PiccoloSD64/Sam440 flex 800MHz RAM 1GB HD7750 128MB OS4.1 SBLive! ->
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@alfkil:
thank you for your work!

is there a way to use this with amidevcpp? it would be great to compile qt apps for os4 with the crosscompiler.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
if you launch abc-shell "sh" it uses gnu find by default.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
After the installation procedure and reboot it shows:

Impossibile aggiungere "Qt:lib" a "sobjs"
(impossible to add "Qt:lib" to "sobjs")

what's the problem?? It seems a line in user startup

Sam 460EX, 2Gb Ram, Radeon R7 250, AmigaOS4.1 FE
A4000 PPC604@233, Mediator
A1200 PPC603@160, Mediator
uA1 G3@800, 512 Mb [sold]
Go to top
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
Quote:

sofistisoftware wrote:
After the installation procedure and reboot it shows:

Impossibile aggiungere "Qt:lib" a "sobjs"
(impossible to add "Qt:lib" to "sobjs")

what's the problem?? It seems a line in user startup

I think that's the assign thing mentioned a few pages back.

If you add "cd sobjs:" at the start of user-startup it should fix it.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
Hi Alfkil,

Just tested the final 0.9.0 and here to report a few more issues, sure we already discuss some of them in our recent mail exchange but i think it's better to report all the discoverd issues in a proper message aswell

Note that this report is not intended to cover any possible problem, but keep it only as a reminder that might be helpfull to set a priority list for the future release of Qt

1) if you iconify the program the dropdown menu still opened on the screen while it should be iconified togheter with the iconified apps instead..
similar behaviour if you just move the window with a dropdown menu opened, but in this case the dropdown menu will mantain its original position but can't be used
anymore because it become "unclickable"

2) Other problem are into the nested menu, try to open a menu and then if availible a submenu of it (even only 1 level is ok for this test) --> then try to click elsewhere
(not selecting any availible item of this latest submenu opened)

On my system both menu, (the main one and sub-one) will become "unselectable" like their loose the mouse focus ..

3) Another issue (maybe related) is on right click menus, when a menu will be opened with right-click the main window will loose the focus, aka the focus will be set only into the menu opened,
that means that if you click elsewhere you will loose the focus of the entire application (menu included)

4) Certain dropdown menus doesn't scrolled at all if you try to move the scrollbar with the mouse

5) Some graphical garbages on ScreenGrab, this happen automatically once you close one of the subwindow of the program, see grab:

http://postimg.org/image/6wsavkc9n/

6) No more autoalign issue (thanks!!), but now that specific windows become a bit slower, aka they needs a couple of seconds to be opened

7) The statusbars of any Qt apps contain an extraneous resize gadget (usefull for all the other platform maybe but not in AmigaOS)
We don't need that i think since the intuition windows have their own resize gadget already

8) In general both menus and dropdown menus still a bit slower compared to the other GUI elements .. when you click on them you will see some "uncertainty"

9) Tabs need two click etc etc --> we already discuss this specific issue in an old post, but it deserve to mention ..

10) The browser crash with an ISI error any time i try to load the Google homepage !

11) Every time you start an App a fontconfig window will appear for a fraction of second .. not a big problem but it's not so elegant to see .. is it possible to hide it completely ?

See Crashlog:

http://crashlog.os4depot.net/index.ph ... ction=view&crashlogid=372

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Chris

thanks it has worked !

Sam 460EX, 2Gb Ram, Radeon R7 250, AmigaOS4.1 FE
A4000 PPC604@233, Mediator
A1200 PPC603@160, Mediator
uA1 G3@800, 512 Mb [sold]
Go to top
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
Quote:
11) Every time you start an App a fontconfig window will appear for a fraction of second .. not a big problem but it's not so elegant to see .. is it possible to hide it completely ?

Actually when starting/using some apps (the Qt demo browser?) it flashes up multiple times.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
Hi Alfkil,
I just installed your last Qt release and try it a little on my
X1000 dual GFX setup (HD6670 and 9250).

1) at first try, on my HD6670 the display lagged a lot.

Same symptom than for NetSurf, with SysMon I showed that video memory was allocated on the 2 video cards.
By removing my 9250, the speed was really good. I could'nt imagine that it was so speed !

2) Tried EasyPaint, created a little paint and "Save as" and "Cancel".
2 times on 3 try, my OS freezes.

Nevertheless, it's very nice and fast.

I was searching for a MS Paint clone and JuffEd with syntax coloration is a very nice fast editor (like Scribble on MorphOS)

Little donation sent (again) for your fantastic works !

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@ChrisY

Yep Qt demo browser seems open many Fontconfig windows in a second, maybe because each fonts loaded have it own FontConfig window ?

Go to top
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
Thee seems to be a slight problem with the native menus (I know these aren't recommended):

Resized Image

The shortcuts don't actually work either, but that might purely be because Intuition doesn't have the foggiest which item it is supposed to be activating

Go to top
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
@zzd10h

You might want to raise something on amigaos.net about your dual graphics cards problems - it seems to be an OS deficiency.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Could someone PLEASE make a proper news item here (and maybe over at aw.net) about Qt 4.7 (0.9.0)??? I can't believe that this absolutly fantastic, major achievement is only communicated indirectly in some beta testing thread here!

I just installed the archive on my Pegasos II a few minutes ago and write this with the included Browser - wow! I'm completly flashed by this release!

Alfkil (and all you beta testers here): Excellent job!

X1000|II/G4|440ep|2000/060|2000/040|1000
Go to top

Register To Post
« 1 ... 6 7 8 (9) 10 11 12 ... 40 »