Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
54 user(s) are online (41 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 54

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

Remove size gadget
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
Is there any system-friendly way to turn off the resize gadget _after_ the window has been created? It seems, that SetWidowAttrs(window, WA_SizeGadget, ...) doesn't work...

Go to top
Re: Remove size gadget
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
I don't think you can remove the rezise gadget (or any system gadget) whilst the window is open.

If you don't want a resize gadget then you must specify that at open time.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@broadblues

The problem is, that Qt wants to calculate the min and max dimensions after the window has been opened. Well, I guess I have to try and change that...

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@alfkil

Quote:

Is there any system-friendly way to turn off the resize gadget _after_ the window has been created? It seems, that SetWidowAttrs(window, WA_SizeGadget, ...) doesn't work...

I'm afraid not. When using ReAction (= window.class-based) windows) you'd have to

- close or iconify the window
- change the attribute via SetAttrs()
- reopen or de-iconify the window

This is possible because WM_CLOSE or WM_ICONIFY closes the window without disposing of the object. But I guess you can't apply such a trick with the oldstyle Intuition windows.

Edited by trixie on 2011/6/23 10:38:39
The Rear Window blog

AmigaOne X5000 @ 2GHz / 4GB RAM / Radeon RX 560 / ESI Juli@ / AmigaOS 4.1 Final Edition
SAM440ep-flex @ 667MHz / 1GB RAM / Radeon 9250 / AmigaOS 4.1 Final Edition
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@alfkil
Seems you have two options:
1. Delay opening of the Intuition window until some time after QT would normally do so. This is not necessarily a problem if it will happen only a few QT calls later.
2. Close & re-open the Intuition window.

Author of the PortablE programming language.
Go to top
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
iirc it is possible to create a window avoiding to show it and then open it with ShowWindow. I don't know if it could work and i have no autodocs here but could be a solution

i'm really tired...
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
Reading the autdocs for hidewindow and showwindow, they seem to imply thewindow is still "open" just hidden, thus you cannot mess with it's gadgets etc.

Go to top

Register To Post