Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
203 user(s) are online (136 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 202

davec555, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

Some BG2 screenshots
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
Here:

http://www.amigasoft.net/misc/bg2.png
http://www.amigasoft.net/misc/bg2_1.png
http://www.amigasoft.net/misc/bg2_2.png

you can find some screenshots about BG2

Remember that you can always use the gemrb forum:

http://forums.gibberlings3.net/index.php?showforum=91

to post your problems.

i'm really tired...
Go to top
Re: Some BG2 screenshots
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@afxgroup

Thanks for the screenshots Andrea.

I don't know what system do you use, but is it fast enough to play it without any problems (even when it comes to battle)?

To Be A True Adventurer, You Ought To Play Real Text Adventures
Go to top
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
@Phantom

it seems fast. i never tried it deeply but i have no problem. To speed up the whole thnigs redirect the shell output to >NIL: it will help a lot..

i'm really tired...
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@afxgroup

I've found both Baldur's Gate's from a friend, so I will test them in my Sam shortly.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@afxgroup

Can you please provide me with an example cfg of several games installed? (e.g Baldur's Gate and Icewind Dale 1 and 2).

Moreover, how do you switch to full screen?

I have installed Incewind Dale (the first on) on my SamEp667Mhz. Game speed is for sure not 100% emulated but I need to test it more...

IMPORTANT EDIT: Tried your suggestion for >nill and this is it! Now 100% speed, like the original. I strongly suggest you to implement this on the readme file!

Edited by Cool_amigaN on 2010/12/4 14:36:20
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@afxgroup

looks great! now to dig up IceWind Dale that i know I had somewhere in my basement & try it out during the Christmas break

mancave-ramblings

Go to top
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
@Cool_amigaN

1) I'll publish some cfg but basically you must only change the game path and the game type
2) I'll build a small gui to load the games (or maybe someone with some free time could do it..)
3) for the full screen you must use the game switch since the fullscreen is no more changed by the cfg file but from the game.ini (present in every game)
4) i'll add the >NIL: in the read me.. but this is common to every game that use the shell a lot..

i'm really tired...
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@afxgroup

From my understanding, I cannot find they way to edit the gemrb.cfg to install more than one game, so I have to duplicate the entire folder, edit the .cfg and install a new game.

(I tried also to duplicate the cfg only and rename it to the exact game that corresponds e.g icewind dale.cfg and icewind dale II.cfg but it always looks for gemrb.cfg only..)

Moreover, I looked to the icewind dale.ini and couldn't find the option to play at fullscreen mode. Can you help me on this?

Now, I will be testing Icewind Dale 2.

edit: Will a "Fullscreen=1", without the quotes, work, if implemented to the .ini?

edit 2: OK, it worked!

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Afx

the games work fine here just a problem with the save game.. i am not able to save the game..

for multiple installation, the best way is to create a directory per game with the GemRB installed replacing the GemRB's icon with the game icon

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@afxgroup

I can see you have the Homeworld cd in your drive...

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@nubechecorre
Make a save directory in the directory's game and assign the savepaths in the gemrb.cfg.

Now some questions.

1.- How I can redirect the shell to >NIL: ?
2.- When play the game, the shell displays some errors, but it works. Someone knows Why ?

I'm playing Icewind Dale.

AmigaOne X5000 OS4.1 FEU1 And Lubuntu 10.04
1200 towered with Blizzard PPC - BVision and Mediator
And a new fantastic Chameleon64
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@RIBDEVIL

Start the game from CLI and add >NIL: at the end.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@nubechecorre

Quote:

nubechecorre wrote:
@Afx

the games work fine here just a problem with the save game.. i am not able to save the game..

for multiple installation, the best way is to create a directory per game with the GemRB installed replacing the GemRB's icon with the game icon

Which games have you tested?

I have already done the same, just as you described it, but IMHO, we need a good frontend to choose games., so as to have all the data needed on the same repository.

Having multiple games reside on the same folders didn't work for me so far although I tried some options and help I found on the web.

On other news, Icewind Dale II does not work since I have a chitin.key error. Tried to figure out what this means without any success.

Btw, Planetscape Torment hasn't any "full" installation option in Windows. This means that you have to copy the entire folder from every cd.

On windows, you have to modify the .ini as well. Is that necessary for GemRB as well?

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Cool_amigaN

So, what game have you tried so far that played normally?

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Phantom

Only Icewind Dale I & II yet. Didn't had the time testing rest of the games supported by GemRB during the weekend. I will be doing so, within this week. Starting by Baldur's Gate series.

However, I have another question for the Icewind Dale I. Should I use a patched version for the data or extract only the original files from the cd?

Seems, Andreas, is busy lately with all these porting stuff ;)

Hope when he has the time, to take another look at GemRB and clarify some questions :)

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Cool_amigaN

I have tried: Baldur's Gate 1 and 2 plus Icewind dale and for every game i create a directory with GemRB and the data files of the game

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@nubechecorre

Yeap, so far, this is what I am doing also. Create multiple installations of GemRB, rename them, editing the cfg (and the .ini in case of Icewind Dale I). What version of IWD I do you use? The patched version, or the original? Game so far works without probs here (original cds used for extraction). Have you tried IWDII and Planetscape Torment? I get an error on the first one regarding chitin.key (the registry key) and game does not load.

Go to top
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
@Cool_amigaN

IIRC you can use -c switch to select a different configuration..

i'm really tired...
Go to top

Register To Post