Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
194 user(s) are online (115 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 192

nbache, davec555, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 2 3 (4) 5 6 7 ... 11 »
Re: Initial steps with AmiFig 3.0 on aos4, version #2
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@xenic

Yep, all the latest aos4 related changes are in the current SVN, so, if you have some code/data to commit, then send it for me plz.

Join us to improve dopus5!
AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@kas1e

Please Kas upload also my final catalog

http://www.qimmagine.it/owb/AmiFIG_rev_158.rar

Edited by samo79 on 2010/9/13 17:34:52
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@samo79

Sended

@Xenic
Did you have any code for now which we can include to SVN ? In general will be cool to have fixes for that export/import stuff (i noticed that too before). But strange, why it works for AROS..

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@kas1e

Thanks, there is also a PM for you

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@xenic

I have answer from YAnnick related to export/import stuff:

Quote:

import/export is calling Amilua scripts that are front ends to fig2dev for export and potrace/autotrace for import.
Amilua and especially Zulu (Zune interface for lua) is AROS specific, and will therefore not work on OS4.
You can however call whatever program you want, it can be configured in preference window (I/O panel, F2D_xxx and R2V_xxx fields), up to you to program some graphical user interface for those programs.

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@kas1e
Quote:

Did you have any code for now which we can include to SVN ? In general will be cool to have fixes for that export/import stuff (i noticed that too before). But strange, why it works for AROS..

Sorry it took so long to reply. I spent a long time getting AmiFIG to compile because I was missing some of the header files. I had to create OS4 header files for reqtools.library (for one command that should use ASL anyway) from the headers in the AmiFIG header files in the old AmiFIG dev file on Aminet.

I'll try to clean up the translated AmigaGuide this weekend and send it to you, As far as the export stuff here is what I found so far:
1. In file.c start_fig2dev() the CreateDir command doesn't work as it is currently used. This may be a case where OS4 is enforcing rules that you could ignaore with other systems (68k, MOS, AROS). The OS4 implementation on CreateDir returns a lock that must be unlocked before the directory can be accessed. I added a lock variable and changed the command like this:
BPTR mylock;
mylock = CreateDir(tempdir);
Unlock(mylock);

2. Despite the fact that the guide states that some defaults are used for the fig2dev export, that's not true in the current version. You need to set fig2dev options in the Settings-Preferences-I/O window.

3. It appears that AmiFig is creating the fig2dev arguments in the wrong order. It's placing the screen name first. If you run "fig2dev -h" in a shell it states that the graphics name must be first. Maybe AROS is using a different version of fig2dev and the args are different.

4. fig2dev is calling ghostscript "gs" when I try it from a shell. I'm not sure if OS4 Ghostscript will work with fig2dev and haven't had time to try.

I'll send you my file.c when I send the guide.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@xenic
Some time ago i tried the old 68k version of fig2dev from the original 68k AmiFIG package which actually *did* start the OS4.1 "gs" - but nevertheless it didn't work. From a quick look with Snoopy it smashed up the command line arguments for "gs" and/or deleted some temp files in RAM to early/to late. (a littlebit unspecific description, but it is really one year ago... )

X1000|II/G4|440ep|2000/060|2000/040|1000
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@cha05e90
I don't know if the export code is the same as in the AROS back-port to OS4 that kas1e has done but the current code can't possibly work right with OS4. I've fixed the export functions in my copy of AmiFIG and have been able to export a simple AmiFig drawing to a latex file and to a PNG file through GhostScript. However, the AROS programmers commited some changes to the AmiFIG SVN repository that won't work with OS4 and won't compile anymore. I'll try to have kas1e PM me with his email addresss so I can send him my fixes. Unless he can revert some of the AmiFIG sources for OS4 there's not much point in working on it now.

@kas1e
If you PM me with an email address I will send you my fixes and the guide file that I translated to English. I was going to change the copyrights and license but at this point it might be better to leave it configured the same as the German guide. Somebody could go through the 2 guides side by side to see if the translation can be improved or clarified.

Yesterday an AROS programmer committed some code that prevents compiling (& probably execution) on OS4. He added code that uses CyberGraphX RECTFMT_RAM in the u_redraw.c file. Unless you add some #ifdef __amigaos4 conditional code so that the previous code is used for OS4, we can't compile AmiFIG anymore.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@All

Hi I'm Yannick the maintainer of AmiFIG.

I just want to clear up some things on this program:
- I'm maintaining and making evolution on both AROS and AmigaOS4 versions,
- My main goal is to develop the AROS version further,
- Kas1e is only reporting issues on the os4 port,
- the best way you can get touch with me and get track of what's going on is through the sourceforge page,
- if someone want's to starts a real os4 port, I have no issue with it, it will free up a lot of my time.

Now some technical points:
1. about text :
AmiFIG is based on XFIG and only handles internally a small number of fonts.
Those are the ones you see in the Font selector list.
For each of these font AmiFIG is using a replacement font.
These replacement font can be selected using the font font requester that opens using the button sitting top right of the preview area.
These replacement fonts are save together with the preference.

2. Importing/exporting
For calling fig2dev and autotrace/potrace I've created two graphical front ends in LUA/Zulu under AROS.
These GUI are then calling the real command line.
The GUIs are called with a command line that can be configured in the pref window (in IO panel).
Using these preference you might be able to call directly fig2dev or you can create your own Graphical front ends.

3. some AROS specific things that may remain:
-I've seen the point about using RECTFMT_RAW, I'll try to get rid of this one.
- There might be an issue in PNG export function apparently also, as I do not have an OS4 machine it's difficult for me to check this,

Any other issues you have might better be reported on :
http://sourceforge.net/projects/amifig/

Yannick Erb

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@xenic
If you not in interest or not have time to add all of this to sourceforge, then send it to me at kas1e@yandex.ru, and i will add it myself (or will send it to yannick via email). Or you can do it yourself via PM on aros-exec :)

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@YannickAros
Quote:

Any other issues you have might better be reported on :
http://sourceforge.net/projects/amifig/
Yannick Erb

O.K. Since kas1e is already in contact with you, I'll send my files to him. If I have any additional contributions I'll use the SourceForge page. Here is what I've done so far.
Fixed a problem with CreateDir() in file.c and win_print.c which allows creation of the temp dir and file on OS4. Export now seems to work if the correct settings are entered in Preferences-I/O. Example:
F2D Command = fig2dev (and fig2dev in system command path or C:)
F2D Input Option = -L latex (-L png if gs in system command path)
F2D Output Option = ram:fig_file (format determinded by Input option)

Changed LocaleBase to Library in intui.c since that's needed to compile AmiFig on OS4 system. Maybe crosscompile worked the way it was.

Added the previous code (which worked with OS4) back to u_redraw.c as conditional compile code for OS4 - #ifdefs)

I'll send my changes to kas1e this evening (need to). I used conditional code for all my changes (#ifdef __amigaos4__) but the conditionals can be removed if my changes work with AROS and MorphOS.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@kas1e
Quote:

If you not in interest or not have time to add all of this to sourceforge, then send it to me at kas1e@yandex.ru, and i will add it myself (or will send it to yannick via email). Or you can do it yourself via PM on aros-exec :)

This time I will send them to you but not until this evening, as I need to take care of some other things right now. If I have further additions, I will check into sending them directly to the AROS team.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@xenic
Quote:

Export now seems to work if the correct settings are entered in Preferences-I/O. Example:

Will be cool if you also will "ifdefs aos4" as default (just to make all works by default).

Quote:

This time I will send them to you but not until this evening, as I need to take care of some other things right now. If I have further additions, I will check into sending them directly to the AROS team

In general will be of course better , if you will just have account on sourceforge and just commit your changes to snv. I think Yannick have no problem with creating account for you.

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@kas1e
I used #ifdefs with all my changes to avoid breaking the AROS compile. I haven't worked on any open-source projects for a while because of the problems with breaking code on other systems (AROS, MOS, 68k, and Windows in some cases) when committing updates. It adds another whole layer of complications that I'm not comfortable with. Besides, you can test the code to see if it works for you too, and make any necessary adjustments. I've sent the files to you attached as an lha archive in an email.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@ALL

New version on os4depot (remember, the most of work done by Yannick, and now also xenic help pretty much for us as you can see in previous posts).

New since last one:

-- Locales should works fine now (english, italian and french)
-- Text and font handling should works fine for now on os4 (default sets, its fonts from os4.1 update 1 distrib, so if you use old OS or other fonts, you need to setup it manually in font prefs. But as far as i remember fonts was not changed in os4 distribs since long time, so, all should works fine for everyone).
-- fixed bad copy/paste
-- 32 user colors are now accessible and editable through RGB sliders
-- User colors are now saved (only if actually used in the figure) and merging files correctly reassigns and reallocate user colors.
-- Speed improvment in Antialised display
-- Better handling of "not configured" import and export functions (now you will have relative error windowses, if you not configure all of this properly)
-- New svg2fig command line utility (Converts SVG files (SVG Tiny) to FIG files).
-- Fixing problems with unlock files on os4 (by xenic)
-- new english.guide (still, for the old version, with old information, but anyway) (by xenic also)
-- new script for make printing works (also by xenic).

And some more fixes and addions. Everything done by Yannick and by Xenic for this release, i only change few mistakes in code, few typos, few default settings and compiles svg2fig utility (tested, and for me works fine on .svg example from the relative directory).

@Xenic
I prepare for now archive (in which i also add few of my fixes) and will send it to Yannick right now (all the changes are in that new released version already).

For now i see 2 problems related to aos4:

1. For public screen Zoom window do not works. It works before (if i remember right in some old revisions, but not right now). Dunno why it happenes, but maybe you can invistigate where is problem ?

2. For the custom screen, AmiFIg loose all the decorations. I.e. for example i use SilverGreen theme, and while i use AmiFig on public screen, it works fine (with all those nice menus and top bars from theme), but i i choice to use AmiFig on custom screen, then it start to be like old, aos3 looks. Looks like something wrong with initialising of screen at all. Maybe you also can found why it like that, and how to make it works as should (with all that themes setup as all other apps on os4 do).

@samo79
Check plz all that locale stuff. Did it have your latest catalog ? (i cant access to your archive for now). Dunno if Yannick was lucky with it :)

Edited by kas1e on 2010/9/13 14:21:24
Edited by kas1e on 2010/9/13 14:23:14
AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@all
just a new screenshot here

Edited by kas1e on 2010/9/13 15:34:52
AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
Hi Kas, sadly not, you are using again the old revision 1.2 (I ckecked now both archives on OS4Depot), i've already sent you the latest, and some days ago I sent a copy also to Yannick, but he didn't update it in CVS :-/

Here the latest:

http://www.qimmagine.it/owb/AmiFIG_rev_158.rar

Please update the archive on OS4Depot and tell Yannick to do the same on CVS

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@samo79

Yep, i think he just forget about (or miss it, because i write him many mails, and for sure very possible to loose something here).

But with the new version (rev158.2), and your new catalog, all works fine and as should ?

@Yannick
If you read that, update plz italian catalog :)

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@kas1e

Quote:
But with the new version (rev158.2), and your new catalog, all works fine and as should ?

Let me try, i'm on Windows now, just 5 minutes

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
Yes version 1.3 of my translation is perfect also in rev158.2

I re-upload another version (same link above) with an icon folder taken from the latest cha05e90 archive, right now we have different icons for the program, but not a general icon for the main folder !

What do you think if we use this ?

Go to top

Register To Post
« 1 2 3 (4) 5 6 7 ... 11 »