Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
97 user(s) are online (54 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 97

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

Screens AmiCygnix, Workbench
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
I did see in an other thread that AmiCygnix can be run in a Workbench Window, looking into the doc i saw picasso96pip mentioned. Till now did not discover how you can set this as display driver.

Is it possible to have an amiga app running on the AmiCygnix screen? (future?)

Go to top
Re: Screens AmiCygnix, Workbench
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
As far as I know, it is not possible any more since I think Update 1 of OS 4.1. Wrong colors will be displayed... This is pitty though.

To my knowledge it is not possible to run amiga apps on AmiCygnix screen.

To be honest I did not try AmiCyg since a year or so, therefor I might not be totally uptodate.

greetings gerograph

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@ JosDuchIt

As gerograph said, it doesn't work anymore since update 1.
To fix the problem, you can replace the file "sys:Kickstart/ATIRadeon.chip" with the one from the first release of OS 4.1 (file size 139468 bytes) and make a full reset.
Afterwards launch "myX11Setup", select the display driver "picasso96pip" and enter the desired window size. AmiCygnix should now open the desktop in a workbench window.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@CygnusEd
It did not work well
- got a rose window
- dimensions wrong (full screen window)

Afterwards when using myX11Setip i get a complaint "Variable CYGNIC_ID enthält ungultigen Eintrag und wird ignoriert.
I did not have this message first time running it.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@ JosDuchIt

Did you replace the file "ATIRadeon.chip" (needed file size 139468)?
You must make a reset afterwards (or better switch off and on your Amiga).

The program "myX11Setup" seems to have a bug. Please delete the environment variable "Cygnix/CYGNIX_DISPLAYID" by calling "unsetenv SAVE Cygnix/CYGNIX_DISPLAYID" in a shell and start myX11Setup again.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@CygnusEd
Yes i replaced the file with the previous one with the given size, did a full restart.

I also did the unset now for the env vaiable and restarted myX11Setup

The same message appears

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@ JosDuchIt

Hmm - sad to hear this. Here on my SAM flex it works.

If you're not able to launch AmiCygnix on a custom screen again, you can set the display driver by hand by calling

"Setenv SAVE Cygnix/CYGNIX_SCREEN_MODE picasso96clonewb@1280x1024x16"

in a shell. Please replace the dimensions with your desired sizes.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@cygnusEd

U did try
Setenv SAVE Cygnix/CYGNIX_SCREEN_MODE picasso96clonewb@500x300x16"
which did give a unusable imag (a band with lines)

I then did reset with Setenv SAVE Cygnix/CYGNIX_SCREEN_MODE picasso96clonewb@1280x1024x16"

Now the image is 'viewable' but not usable (utmost left part hidden, quit button barely hidden.) and the ilage divided in 4 parts
I then tried to set to original settings wit myX11settings with different screen modes but the problem remained.
I tried to look in env: & envarc at the AmiCygnix variable and could not detect anything wrong.
ENVARC:Cygnix/CYGNIX_SCREEN_MODE is set to picasso96@1280x1024x16

Do i have to reinstall Cygnix?

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@ JosDuchIt

I don't understand exactly, what's going wrong here. You could try to reset the environment by executing the script "Cygnix:S/Utilities/Reset-Environment.bat". Afterwards it should work.

You also should restore the file "ATIRadeon.chip".

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@cygnusEd
Thanks , resetting went OK
I did some more tests with the older radeon chip file
I was not able to mix things up as described again :)

Results:
- using picasso96pip and picassoclonewb was OK
i do not see any advantage of the latter; Is there?
- using any of both the the CON specification had no effect(i suppose only picasso96pip should respond to it) The whole screen was taken up
No normal window gadgets (except the close gadget showed up)
No resize nor initial definition of a smaller window and i can not hide the AmiCygnix window :(

The advantage to me of the pip 'screen' is still that i am able to put a Kingcon shell or a Gui4Cli gui on the Cygnix "window" ( i have to first open or move it on an other public screen).

I discovered that xpdf opens a number of files that Amipdf identifies as broken :))
the xpdf "open" gui however does not allow to open a file requester :(
and its file selection textin gadget does not accept a clipboard content (Ctl-V or Amiga-V)
writing a AmigaDOSscript or Gui4Cli script to select a pdf file and launch xpdf on it is easy. Is it possible to do the same using the RUN of the AmiCygnix panel?

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@ JosDuchIt

The main advantage of the PIP driver is (as you said), that you can open the AmiCygnix desktop and normal Amiga software on the same screen - that's all. Nice, when you want to use a shell.

If you want to add an entry to the start menu or an icon to the quickstart panel, you must add a "*.desktop" file to the directory "Cygnix:CygnixPPC/share/applications". Have a look at "xpdf.desktop" as a simple example. You could duplicate it to "myxpdf.desktop" and change the path of the "exec" item to your own AmigaDOS script.
Please set the script flag of your script file!!

The entry in the menu will appear automatically, to add it to the quickstart panel, you have to change the panel settings (right click on the AmiCygnix button of the panel).

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@cygnusEd
Worked OK thanks

Go to top

Register To Post