Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
126 user(s) are online (102 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 126

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

Game Controllers
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
So, does anyone know what usb game controllers are compatible with AmigaOS 4.1? I have an 8BitDo that isn't being recognized. It's supposed to be X-box compatible.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you.

Go to top
Re: Game Controllers
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
I've got a Logitech Rumblepad 2 joypad and it always work but it's OLD..
Also got a Retroflag SNES joypad which also works great with AmigaOS.

Sorry to hear about 8bitDo not working on OS4,
that was my next thing to buy after all the good reviews..

Edit: Does the manual say anything about push and hold a button on startup?

1989-> A500, A600, A3000, A4000, A1200, CD32, µA1, PegII, A1XE, CDTV, Amy/416D79, A1X5000, Vampire 500 V2+, Vampire 600 V2, Amy-ITX, Denise ITX <-2024
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
The manual didn't say anything about pushing or holding any buttons. It's just plug and play on my PC and Raspberry Pi.

I'll look into the Retroflag option. I saw this on Amazon https://www.amazon.com/Retroflag-Class ... ller-Switch/dp/B07JPQY66K I hope it's close enough.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@kishigo

Sony Playstation 4 and 5 controllers should work with cable.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
My 8bitdo SFC30 controller works with AmigaOS 4.1 but you need to put into direct input mode and not (X input) Xbox mode. It only works in wired mode as Bluetooth is not supported

Other pads which work are a Logitech F-310 and Xeox Speedlink 6556-BK again these have to be switched to Direct input and not X Input.

Amigaone X5000 AmigaOS 4.1 Final Edition Update 1
Radeon RX 550 Polaris
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@kishigo

Yes, that's the one i have.

1989-> A500, A600, A3000, A4000, A1200, CD32, µA1, PegII, A1XE, CDTV, Amy/416D79, A1X5000, Vampire 500 V2+, Vampire 600 V2, Amy-ITX, Denise ITX <-2024
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Thank you all for the suggestions.

The SN30 Pro I have is wired usb. I can't figure out how to put it in direct input mode. All the directions say to hold start 7-8 seconds to turn it off, then press start and B or Y to turn it back on in direct input mode.
I press start for over 7-8 seconds and I still see a green led on the back. Am I missing something?

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@kishigo

Try holding start and Y,
then power on your Amiga and hold em until Workbench is fully loaded.

I had the same problem with my Retroflag joypad
first time because it was in X mode.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Bummer.

@khayoz

Well I tried the holding start and Y and turning on the Amiga and holding them until Workbench is fully loaded, but it didn't work.

I since read somewhere that the usb version of the SN30 Pro doesn't switch modes. Other people talked about having to update X-box drivers to use it on Retroarch and such.
Both Amiberry and Winuae recognize it as Xbox controller, and I guess map it so games can use it.

So I have 2 options, buy the Retroflag on Amazon and spend about 17 bucks, or make a trip out to Micro Center and spend 45 bucks on the bluetooth version that can be switched.

Anyway, thank you all for the suggestions. I really appreciate it.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Well okay. I went with the more expensive option and bought the bluetooth version of the SN30 Pro. After some fiddling and getting on my hands and knees before my almighty Amiga,
I finally got it to work.

I went with the pricier option because a) I'm impatient, and b) muscle memory. I'm relatively familiar with the usb version of the SN30 Pro, so I can adjust to it accordingly.

Anyway, thank you guys for the guidance and suggestions.

Go to top

Register To Post