Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
136 user(s) are online (97 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 136

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

Opening the 1st bootmenu automatically (X5000)
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
How can I set AmigaOne X5000 to open _automatically_ (without pressing a key) the first bootmenu? There must be a U-Boot variable for that, but which is it?

I use currently AmigaOS, Linux and MOS so randomly that it is impractical to have one default boot OS, and to have to reach the bootmenu via a keyboard key (which I usually forget to press at time, and have to reboot ;).

Go to top
Re: Opening the 1st bootmenu automatically (X5000)
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Gregor
I don't know if you can disable auto-booting the default completely, but if you use something like
setenv amigabootmenu_timeout 30
saveenv
you have enough time to change it to another boot option.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@joergQuote:
I don't know if you can disable auto-booting the default completely, but if you use something like
setenv amigabootmenu_timeout 30 saveenv
you have enough time to change it to another boot option.

Thanks for the tip... But changing the timeout did not open automatically the boot menu. It only delayed booting, just like adding animcycles. So, this is not the solution I am looking for...

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Gregor

This would be cool to know.

I now have Amiga OS and MorphOS on my X5K and my main keyboard I use, a nice RGB keyboard, won't allow me to even get into the early boot menu. ESC don't do it. I have to leave a really cheap $7 keyboard connected to my X5K to hit ESC to get to that early boot menu. Once booted, the nicer keyboard works but won't work for the early boot window.

Must be some oddball USB thing. Maybe it needs too much juice to keep the rgb lights and conks out on early boot. haha

Of course even if early boot comes up automatically, unsure if my nicer keyboard would work or not.

TJ

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@Gregor

try looking at https://wiki.amigaos.net/wiki/UserDoc:BIOS to see if anything will help

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@derfsQuote:
try looking at https://wiki.amigaos.net/wiki/UserDoc:BIOS to see if anything will help

Unfortunately that document is badly outdated... It does not help anyhow with X5000.

Go to top

Register To Post